Going to Italy this summer?

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
Torben.Busk

Post by Torben.Busk »

Hi

I just wanted to know if I'm the only one brave/stupid enough to go to Italy this summer. I haven't tried a long trip yet but I reckon that I can do 25/27 kWh/100km which is about 180 miles on a full charge which then becomes 144 miles on an 80% charge (90% => 10%). The trip we take every year is from Bjerringbro in Denmark to Lazise by Lake Garda.

The caravan is an Eriba and it is only 2 meters wide, about 2 meters high, and weighs 690 kilos (850 kilos loaded)

Is there Anyone out there planning similar stupidities? :)

IMG_1588.jpg

Bjerringbro-Lazise.png

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

We might be actually - or South of France. Not decided yet ;-)

But definitely not with a caravan!

Have you seen this :

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=953&hilit=Carwow
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Torben.Busk

Post by Torben.Busk »

Yes, I saw that, but I must say that I think he's trying to make a story about how horrendous EV's are. I get flashbacks to when Jeremy Clarkson totally destroyed the original Tesla Roadster, some 10-11 years ago.

I am aware that we are going to stop a lot, which we have always done, the past 25 years, but my caravan is somewhat smaller than the one Watson used, and as you may have noticed, Matt Watson never once drove behind anything. We will of course not be truck-surfing all the way to Italy, but we might catch some shelter now and then.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

You are brave!! I’m in two minds whether to risk taking the Enyaq to France / Italy or chicken out and take our Qashqai instead!

I suppose you’ve already considered this aspect, but I guess one extra thing to think about when towing anything with an EV, is how easily you’ll be able to get into a charging bay (will the cable reach?). I’ve never towed anything; maybe it’s really quick and easy to unhook and leave the thing you’re towing in another space before you head to the charger. Best of luck !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Torben.Busk

Post by Torben.Busk »

Thanks Goaty.

Well, the charging bay might be a problem, that probably will change from station to station. I am of course hoping for the drive-through-style but given the 2-3 minutes it takes to unhook, I'm ready to accept either possibility. Btw, comparing the Enyaq to the Quashqai for a holiday trip to France/Italy, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Take the Enyaq, it's probably more comfortable, and if you haven't tried longer trips already, I can report that I can easily (in 5deg C. in November) drive to Copenhagen (200 miles) with 50-60 miles to spare with a constant speed of 70mhp.
Cheers.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I'd just sleep in the car and dump the wagon. Could be hard with family along though
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Torben.Busk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:35 pm Btw, comparing the Enyaq to the Quashqai for a holiday trip to France/Italy, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Take the Enyaq, it's probably more comfortable.

Pre Covid, we’d travel all over Europe (from the UK) at least twice a year and despite me having a 2016 BMW 5 series Touring, my weird family always preferred to travel in our 2011 Qashqai !!! They already complain that the Enyaq isn’t as comfortable as the Qashqai (which I don’t agree with - as the driver !!). Probably because of the 21” wheels, but I don’t notice any issues!
Torben.Busk

Post by Torben.Busk »

Families can be weird, ha? :)

The luxury of having a free choice of car makes it easy for you. Be nice to your family and take the Qashqai

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post