Sunroof and curtain controls not working at all 🙃

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
plasticman

Post by plasticman »

Just read this thread with interest. Last week my sunroof and blind just stopped working. Took the car to my dealer today to report the fault and found their response a bit disappointing. Couldn't fit me in for 2 weeks to look at it. Said I would have to book it in for a full day, maybe 2 because they had no idea what to look for and then said that if I needed a courtesy car it would cost me £10.
Clearly spending over £40k on a new car doesn't count for anything these days.
Checked the fault on here and tried a full reset but that didn't work. I then decided to switch on the interior lights and hey presto, both the sunroof and blind now work fine. Switched the lights off and all is still fine.
Obviously some software glitch that Skoda have no idea about.
Thank goodness for this forum and the knowledge held within it.
Cheers,
Mike
Enyaq 80. Eco suite, arctic ice, panoramic sunroof, 125kw charge, climate plus.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Glad you found a workaround - but remember you don't have to use the dealership you bought it from for things like this. You're entitled to take it somewhere else if they have better customer service and knowledge.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Kennethpalm

Post by Kennethpalm »

I have this issue as well and both interior light above rear view mirror works and the same with the sunroof. Nothing happens when pressing the touch slider/controls. I have tried to hold down the infotainment power button for 20 seconds until it restarted, that did not work. Also tried a factory reset which did not work. Any other tips or should I send it to a workshop? And if a workshop needs it does anyone know how long it takes to fix it?
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

I've had the non responsive roof controls several times, the latest included non functioning interior lights too.
Anyone know the root cause of this as it's frustrating when an optioned pan roof won't open.......
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Same unresponsive interior lights and quite often too and no idea why just very random but doesn’t help when you need them
SGB1

Post by SGB1 »

I’ve got the same issue. Non responsive sunroof and interior light panel by the rear view mirror.

Tried resetting infotainment as suggested but no joy.

I can’t turn interior lights on or off as a fix as buttons are unresponsive on panel and touching the lights does nothing.

I’m on the new software too, so really disappointed this is still an issue.
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

SGB1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:28 am I’ve got the same issue. Non responsive sunroof and interior light panel by the rear view mirror.

Tried resetting infotainment as suggested but no joy.

I can’t turn interior lights on or off as a fix as buttons are unresponsive on panel and touching the lights does nothing.

I’m on the new software too, so really disappointed this is still an issue.
Our previous enyaq suffered from this, I was hoping our new car with current software would have fixed it but maybe not.
Due to the current weather not really had chance to test it out yet.....
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
DJBG

Post by DJBG »

ComicGeek wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:47 am The sunroof of my 80 randomly opened as I was driving in the snow blizzard this morning. I was driving on very busy country lanes so didn't have an opportunity to stop safely. The controls wouldn't work to stop it opening or close it, so had it snowing into the car for a couple of miles before I could safely pull over. Once I had stopped (but not turned off) the controls suddenly started working again and I could close it. I've had that happen once before, but obviously the garage has never been able to identify any issue or it happen when they're watching.

Unfortunately have become used to these gremlins in modern cars, which are more complicated than they need to be in most cases. I work as an engineer to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid for those who don't know it), but was distracted by all the sparkly gadgets when ordering!

I have the same problem now!
The sunroof just open when i driving and now is -3 degrees!

Someone have the same issue?
SGB1

Post by SGB1 »

My car is going into the dealership on 9 Feb, so I’ll report back on what they find and how they fix it.

Surely a software issue.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

DJBG wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:53 pm
ComicGeek wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:47 am The sunroof of my 80 randomly opened as I was driving in the snow blizzard this morning. I was driving on very busy country lanes so didn't have an opportunity to stop safely. The controls wouldn't work to stop it opening or close it, so had it snowing into the car for a couple of miles before I could safely pull over. Once I had stopped (but not turned off) the controls suddenly started working again and I could close it. I've had that happen once before, but obviously the garage has never been able to identify any issue or it happen when they're watching.

Unfortunately have become used to these gremlins in modern cars, which are more complicated than they need to be in most cases. I work as an engineer to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid for those who don't know it), but was distracted by all the sparkly gadgets when ordering!

I have the same problem now!
The sunroof just open when i driving and now is -3 degrees!

Someone have the same issue?
I haven't had the issue for a few months, but the sunroof opened up this morning when driving and I couldn't close it until I stopped, turned off the car, and then restarted. Then on my next journey this afternoon it kept opening and closing for about 2 minutes, and then fortunately stopped in the closed position.

When it happens none of the front interior lights work either, so obviously something to do with power to this panel.

Frankly I have never opened the sunroof myself or even want it to open. I wouldn't mind it being unresponsive if it kept closed - it's just when it randomly opens in the rain,snow and sub zero temperatures that I have a problem!

Just trying to get it back into the garage for a look over, but as it's an intermittent fault they never find anything.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post