Problems with Android Auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RDG

Post by RDG »

Sorry if this has been on here before. Android auto has been working fine since I got the car last December but suddenly it won't show up on the screen. My phone is connected wirelessly to my phone and I can use google and Alexa hands free but when I go to menu and press smartlink it opens the connection screen with "No known smartlink devices" message, then if i click on the Android Auto icon it takes me to the connection instructions screen which shows I'm connected by wifi and bluetooth. Just wondered if anyone else has had this or any ideas where I am going wrong. I have an Xiaomi Mi 11 phone running Android 12. One possibilty is that it auto updated to MIUI 13 recently but I'm not sure if that coincided with the start of my problems. Appreciate any help.
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, 19" Regulus whls, Assist drive pack, light & view pack, comfort seat pack, parking pack, convenience pack, drive pack, infotainment pack +, 100Kw charging. Pod Point 7kw home charger, ordered 30/07/21 del. 09/12/21

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It's possible that the new software version of your phone isn't yet "supported" in Android Auto.

You could try deleting your phone from the car and reconnecting ? Also the Cache & Data from AA on your phone.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
orrery

Post by orrery »

I have a Samsung A525G which works fine, my wife has a Huawei P-Smart which just won't work with Android Auto.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Had exactly the same with mine yesterday. Been fine for 5 months, plug it into the USB C port and it does not show as connected on the car menu. Delete and re-add did not help. Weirdly the phone thinks it's linked to the car, and if I play music on the phone it comes through the car.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
RichR

Post by RichR »

I don't have a compatible Android phone to test, but is it possible the phone is connecting as pure Bluetooth audio and handsfree phone devices, rather than being recognised as supporting AndroidAuto - which I believe is like Apple Carplay in that it initially connects by Bluetooth, then switches to a combination of Bluetooth and Wifi when in wireless mode? I know that I can have my iPhone connected as CarPlay and my wife's via Bluetooth for audio and phone calls at the same time, but only one can be in CarPlay mode (usually whichever one it sees first, but not always!)

Perhaps deleting any Bluetooth pairings on the phone and the car then starting again might get them using the right interface method. Though I'd expect plugging in via USB should override all that.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Possibly not related but the wired Apple car play on our Octavia needs a factory reset of telephone settings about 3 times a year and has done for 5 years, also it seems to only work with genuine Apple USB cables
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

In the early days of having my Enyaq, I used to find the same thing. I could never quite work out what the problem was, and a few times I had to remove the Bluetooth connection and then repair my device to the car. It all seems to be fine now though, and I don't really have any problems. What I have noticed is that after plugging the USB cable, regardless of whether Bluetooth is already turned on or not, it can take quite a few seconds before the phone fully connects so that I can use handsfree and even longer before I have the ability to access Android Auto Apps. In fact, when I plug the phone in for my commute home, Android Auto will often not appear on screen until I am out of the underground car par, so whether or not it has to do with mobile phone / 4G reception I don't know. the other problem I have noticed is that sometimes when I enter the car, it will actually pair with my wife's phone instead of mine - even though she may actually be further away and sometimes not even in the car. My phone will still show as connected to the car (which seemingly can handle multiple Bluetooth connections), but I would not be able to access AA on the screen. This is easily sorted, just by switching the phone that the car has connected to, at which point AA is then selectable on screen.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - it can handle several Bluetooth handsfree connections, as well as audio connections - in addition to the AndroidAuto/Carplay Bluetooth/Wifi connection. I have only ever used CarPlay and only in wireless mode on mine, so I'm guessing a bit on AndroidAuto, but assume it works in a similar manner? I don't plug in to USB as the wireless charger works fine on my iPhone 12 Pro.

Very weird when I'm driving with my iPhone connected to CarPlay, and it pops up on the Infotainment about an incoming phone call on my wife's phone :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
afraimundo

Post by afraimundo »

Hello,

I have an Poco X3 Pro and i have the same problem. Since the update to MIUI 13 (Android 12) that the problems have started.

The sound from calls sometimes does´t pass thru Bluetooth to the car. I only hear on the phone device, with the phone connected by bluetooth with the car and some applications like ABRP, the map doesn´t move, when the Phone screen locks.

Does anyone more have this problems?

Best regards,
André Raimundo
orrery

Post by orrery »

I've just found a new one (to me at least).

I've used Android Auto for a while and ir seems to work reasonably well. I use Waze for navigation and have tried a few music players and settled on Musicolet. The first problem I have is the time it takes to parse the music data - on short journeys it doesn't complete at all. This seems common with the several music players I've tried, and I've seen other report it.

The new one today: the music player actually plays the music (the progress bar runs), but there is no sound. The volume seems stuck only slightly on and the icon next to the volume bar seems to be voice recognition (a head symbol). If there is any announcement triggered (bong for speeding etc), the music plays for short time then stops again - almost as it the volume mute up/down has been reversed. Anyone else seen it?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post