Internet Connection/My Skoda App

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Pooltrev

Post by Pooltrev »

Anyone else having problems with car not connecting to internet. Three days it has been failing to connect. Also My Skoda app failing to connect to server ?

Cheers

Enyaq 60iv.

tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Had this twice on ours:

1st time I put it into "Private mode" for a while then when I turned it off it all came back to life

2nd time I had to pull fuse 19 in the glove box then replace after a minute or so.

Hope this helps.

Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Is this same time as app down ? If so that would make sense
Pooltrev

Post by Pooltrev »

Low and behold 1hr after booking into dealer out of the blue it decides to connect after 3 days ? Glad it is working but there must be something going on that is causing this problem? Have asked Skoda Customer Service what the issue may be?
RichR

Post by RichR »

This has been discussed many times on various Enyaq and ID.3/4 forums. Best guess is that if the car can't connect to the mobile phone network (Vodafone in the UK), after a certain number of tries, it reduces how often it tried to connect (because it could be parked in an underground carpark, or somewhere else with no signal). Eventually it probably only tries once or twice a day - to save wasting power and flattening the 12V battery. Driving to an area with better signal only works if you stay there long enough for it to do a retry.

So if the signal is low or there's interference where you're parked for over 24 hours, it's likely it drops into this mode. Pulling fuse 19 causes it to go back to trying every 5 minutes or so, and hence can usually re-establish the connection in a few minutes.

And if the car can't connect to the mobile phone network, it can't connect to the internet - which means Skoda's servers can't connect to it either, so the app won't work.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post