BP Pulse issue - Anyone else had anything like this?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
1stEV

Post by 1stEV »

retsil wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:55 pm
1stEV wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:14 pm
retsil wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:53 pm

The UK manual says R rather than L but I have tried all positions of the switch and what used to work in the first week no longer does unfortunately. There is an ambiguous bit in the manual that says it works due to: "The mirror surface of the passenger mirror takes in the memory of the driver's seat Seat memory stored position to improve visibility when reversing." so I'm wondering if I've cocked it up due to the way I have set and stored the driver mirror position.
Borrowed this from a post by RichR

For anyone struggling to work out how to get the left wing mirror to dip when parking, this might help. First, you need electric seats, as the mirror positions are stored in the seat memories ie you can have a normal and a dipped position stored for each of the seat memories. I suspect the mirror dipping logic is contained in the seats rather than the mirror control unit.

Put the car in reverse, set the mirror control knob to L and move the knob to dip the mirror how you want it. Put it into D then turn the mirror control to 0 and the mirror should return to its normal position. If you now store the seat position it’ll also store the dipped mirror position.

Now if you leave the mirror knob in L it will dip when you put it into reverse, and return to normal once you start moving forward at more than about 10mph or a hundred metres or so.
If you want it to go up to normal position whilst reversing, simply turn the knob to 0. Similarly if you don't want it to dip, leave it in 0 rather than L.
Thanks Retsil, and RichR, whose original post on this I missed. The 2nd paragraph is the key bit I missed (largely because it is not in the online manual for my car version and as per previous the manual also says you have to leave it in R rather than L). It makes complete sense now and can only assume when it was originally working this must have been before I programmed all my seat and mirror preferences, so hence I must have lost the programmed dipped position.
iV80 Suite ordered 9/11/21, collected 14/1/22.
Quartz Grey. Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Plus, Transport, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Plus, Infotainment Plus, 125KW Charging, Heat Pump, Rear Side Airbags, Partition Net.
Tethered Zappi.

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Hi,

I've charged at Ionity, Tesla, Instavolt and PodPoint DC fast chargers in the UK using variously RFID cards and app, (contactless payment for Instavolt) with no problem.
In F/B/NL I've charged with no problems with Ionity, Fastned, TotalEnergies, SuperChargy and Shell Recharge. Recently I got the PowerPass, but the card hadn't arrived for the trip, so I used the app. Mostly ok, except when multipoint stations numbers don't match the PowerPass point IDs, when reverted to using another RFID card.

Yesterday I tried BP Pulse for the first time, with the PowerPass App. It didn't want to know.
I've seen several reports of BP Pulse being a nightmare.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ve had a lot of issues with numerous bp pulse stations where for some reason reception is really bad near the chargers but if I walk away a bit it’s fine maybe give that a go next time . Seems worse with the 7-22kw ones
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

And yes same issue with Powerpass not being able to figure out which charger is which
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

C2atb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:07 pm I’ve had a lot of issues with numerous bp pulse stations where for some reason reception is really bad near the chargers but if I walk away a bit it’s fine maybe give that a go next time . Seems worse with the 7-22kw ones

I'll try that. The one I was trying was 150kW
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

What other rfid do you use with bp pulse ? I’ve found even with Powerpass rfid if at a occupied dual ac charger it seems to be hit and miss whether it starts the charge or asks to disconnect the other one and also with the polar rapid chargers can take numerous failed attempts with Powerpass card and end up using the app instead
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

C2atb wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:45 pm What other rfid do you use with bp pulse ? I’ve found even with Powerpass rfid if at a occupied dual ac charger it seems to be hit and miss whether it starts the charge or asks to disconnect the other one and also with the polar rapid chargers can take numerous failed attempts with Powerpass card and end up using the app instead
That was my first attempt and only (so far) at BP Pulse with anything.
After the PowerPass app failed, I tried Electric Juice (Electroverse) rfid card.

My PowerPass card arrived in the post while I was away, so I didn't have it on me.

PowerPass support told me to deactivate/reactivate my card, completely missing the point that I was using the app.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Now they tell me that station is not part of their network, and I should use the app to find stations which are.

I told them, I found that station on their app, and that it is shown as accepting card and app for authorisation, and sent them a screenshot..

Not pleased. I was annoyed at the bleeding obvious being (wrongly) given as the solution.
I wasn't rude, but I was rattled, and sent each thought as a separate email, rather than waiting and composing a email with a single complete response.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

They came back to me and apologised that they had been told wrong, and are now looking into why the charger is not working with the app.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
Pict

Post by Pict »

There is a batch of 7 shell Recharge near us both fast and rapid and none of these work with the app. I have to use the card to activate them. If I try to use the app it reports ”these devices are not enabled for app usage” (or words to that effect).
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post