Android Auto & Waze Issue ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Anyone else notcie that the navigation instructions in The speedo area do not work correctly through Waze but are fine with Google maps ?

Or is it just me ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:45 pm Anyone else notcie that the navigation instructions in The speedo area do not work correctly through Waze but are fine with Google maps ?

Or is it just me ?

I have an iPhone, but itโ€™s the same; No navigation info for Waze on the speedo / dashboard, unlike the built-in sat nav, and Google Maps.

Rest assured, youโ€™re not alone ;-)

๐Ÿ‘
iV80 Loft, Black, 21โ€ Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Itโ€™s down to whether the application uses the CarPlay/AndroidAuto APIs that pass this information on to the carโ€™s navigation display system. Some do (eg Google Maps), some donโ€™t.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Waze on Android seems to work fine, with the turn display shown to the right of the MPH display.

However, it tends to show a sharp left at roundabouts to indicate that you have to turn off somewhere, even when that is effectively a right turn, which I suspect is a mistake.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Based on a few comments above, it sounds like Google Maps should display navigation information in the right hand panel of the digital instrument cluster (and HUD?) in the same way as the Enyaq's built-in navigation system. However, I tried Google Maps through Apple CarPlay, but nothing came up on the digital instrument panel (or HUD). Am I missing something or is this a specific Android Auto feature that does not work with Apple CarPlay?
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Waze displays instructions I. The tight side of the speedo binical bit it's the same instructions image with 75ft no matter the instructions from waze on the main display

I'll get an image later to show you what I get.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So just been put and threw waze on to get an image and the instructions worked the entire journey all be it only 3 miles but no issues.

I'm assuming AA or Waze has updated in the last few days and possibly fixed the issue or was this just a fluke ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post