Tail light flys

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
chopper85

Post by chopper85 »

Has anyone else got bugs/flies in the tail lights? Noticed them when I was cleaning my car, I normally take it to a car wash so haven't noticed it before, I have the LED tail lights and thought they would be a sealed unit.
ENYAQ IV 80 Sportline • Quartz grey • Convenience pack + • Heat pump • Comfort seat pack + • Assisted drive pack + • Family pack • 125kw charging • Autoglym Vehicle Paint & Fabric Protection (free) • Dash Cam Front and Rear (free)

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I've just noticed them in both my rear lights on the boot lid.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah, I’ve got one too. Hoping it might just break up naturally as it dries out.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Yes, my car has them as well. Three or four in the near side hatch section of the light and two or three in the offside unit.
It was commonplace in the 1960s-1980s to see tail lights swilling with water internally but that was in the days when Lucas and Wipac jointly sat on the throne of darkness.

It is annoying to think that the only way to fix this is to dismantle the hatch internally to get at the lights and then to properly seal them on reassembly… (I’m thinking Plumber’s Mait as it is a non setting compound.)

Fossilnot
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Ohhhh yeah! There are some dead flying insects in the tail-lights. I’ll have to have a look at a couple of neighbours’ Skodas, to compare. (Octavia and Superb).

472379FD-A8F7-4792-971E-3094C1A96966.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I hope my 5 year old nephew doesn’t notice them; he’s already ‘named’ the dead moth which has been travelling inside the charge port since around April, and keeps asking me ‘is Marvin still there?’ 🙄😂 !

0CCCE1EE-3279-49DD-85FC-E10ED9B09D12.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I had a quick look at this with the intention of seeing how much had to come apart to get rid of the dessicated carcasses. I was pleasantly surprised to find an easily removed triangular inner cover set into the hatch liner-one pull and it was free. There are large gaps around the wiring and connector-thus exposed-through which insects on a suicide mission may enter.
I’m now thinking BluTack or WhiteTack to seal the gaps as Plumber’s Mait is a bit runny when used over obvious gaps.

I wonder if Enyaqs with basic lighting have the same loom/wiring in situ?

Fossilnot
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Fossilnot wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 am I had a quick look at this with the intention of seeing how much had to come apart to get rid of the dessicated carcasses. I was pleasantly surprised to find an easily removed triangular inner cover set into the hatch liner-one pull and it was free. There are large gaps around the wiring and connector-thus exposed-through which insects on a suicide mission may enter.
I’m now thinking BluTack or WhiteTack to seal the gaps as Plumber’s Mait is a bit runny when used over obvious gaps.

I wonder if Enyaqs with basic lighting have the same loom/wiring in situ?

Fossilnot
Any chance of a few photos to show where and what parts you've removed? I'm reluctant to dive in and break or damage something. Thanks in advance.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

If you dive in on this one you’ll find you can swim! I just pulled at the wide end of the triangular cover and off it popped…

I’ll certainly take some photos-successfully posting them here might be a different issue though!

Fossilnot
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

There are a few photos available now. As to uploading them to this forum and this particular thread…. I have myself thoroughly lost in an immense forest of BBCode tutorials, picture saving apps, drop boxes, img this and img that.

The good news, Chango, is that I am happy to send them by email if you pm me an address.

Further good news is that the securing screws for the light fittings are very accessible through the triangular access panels raising the possibility of easily removing the lights to vacuum/wash the dessicated carcasses away.

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post