12 V warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Phil_R

Post by Phil_R »

First post.

Although I have had the car since November I have not done many miles due to an eye problem. However, I am beginning to use it on a more regulare basis but most of my journeys are short.

In the last few days I have had 12v battery warning lights appear in the Digital Instrument panel. I tried driving for a couple of hours but the warning lights remained. I did an overnight charge to 80% but in the morning the warning lights were still on.

I will try an overnight charge to 100% and see if this fully charges the 12v battery. Does the high-voltage charge only charge the 12v battery when it reaches 100%?
IV60, Artic Silver, Eco-suite, Comfort +, Heat pump, Convenience +, Drive Sports +,Transport, Parking basic, Assisted Drive +, Climate basic, Family +, Info +, Pana roof. Ord 22/06/2021 Del: 27/11/2021.

RichR

Post by RichR »

The 12V battery is charged from the 400V battery when the car is driving (well, in 'Ready' mode at least). It will not charge when the car is switched off.

In theory it shouldn't ever really get that low, but there were some reports of ID.3s suffering from discharging 12V batteries when only used for short journeys - and I think there's some work around the 12V system in the upcoming update. Alternatively - either try a longer drive (maybe an hour out and an hour back), or simply attach a battery charger to the 12V battery and charge it for a couple of hours from the mains.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Hi, did the OP resolve this? My orange battery warning light came on today. I commute 20 miles each way to work and charge the main battery nearly every day in work, but tonight when I got in the car to come home the orange warning light was on. At some traffic lights I tried briefly switching off and back on again but the light stayed on. The only thing I have done different to normal was to use the App to pre-heat the car for 10 mins before leaving work, but not sure if this would flatten the 12V battery, and surely it would recharge on the half hour commute home....?
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
RobinFinland

Post by RobinFinland »

We just did a 800km trip in Finland. At all temperatures below minus 7C the orange 12V warning comes on with a message "12V system restricted, drive carefully" I have asked Skoda if this is normal.
orrery

Post by orrery »

I have had my iV80 updated to V3 software and I now get the 12v warnings. I get out, lock the doors, unlock the doors and start up and it goes away.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
drdoalot

Post by drdoalot »

Had it on and off every few weeks and normall goes off after 5 mins of being powered up. Car driven typically 30-45 min daily. Even seen after long holiday drive with night time charge to 100%. Now it seems to be on constantly.OBD reports 13.9v when driven, 12v socket measure 13.2 straight after powering off. I have had quite a few electrical gremlins such as travel assist erroring out for no apartment reason with 3 amber lights, not the battery light is constantly on, I'm getting parking distance control errors. I'm betting this is going to take multiple dealership visits to get to bottom of.
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Just to update my entry from Nov last year, and I'm touching wood as I write it, but my light never came back.

Fingers crossed !
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post