Public Pod Point Chargers

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Hi all,
I had a trip at the weekend, Shropshire to Kent and decided to use a 50kw PodPoint charger. I transferred money into my account via the App, however the charger refused to start, even though it had accepted my scan from the phone. I tried this in 2 separate places and it was the same problem.

I used my bank card and the chargers worked fine, however 2 lots of £30 pre authorisations went through. Using the app removes the necessity of pre authorisation.

Spoke to PodPoint today and they advised to uninstall the App and reinstall. I have another trip this weekend so hopefully it will work.

Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix or what I’m doing wrong?
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Im making the assumption the charger was on a Tesco site ? going by the £30 pre authorisation fee.

Had you plugged car in before confirming in the app ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

BioHzrd wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:37 pm Im making the assumption the charger was on a Tesco site ? going by the £30 pre authorisation fee.

Hi,
Yes car was plugged in first and it was a Tesco store and a Tesco-Esso garage.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I had exactly the same issue this week in a Tesco

I ended up using contactless instead
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
orrery

Post by orrery »

I suspect that there is a merry dance between car and charger here. Pod point connect to the car, then starts charging, then you have to 'claim' the charger to continue beyond 15 minutes.
However ...
The car seems to stop charging under some circumstances - if we are getting out of the car we can end up opening rear doors, or opening the boot, walking around the car, with it automatically unlocking (before I turned that stupid feature off), locking the car and then returning to grab a coat from the back seat etc etc. It seems easy to end up with the car disconnecting from the charger before I'm able to 'claim' it.
I've turned off the stupid unlocking as you approach the car, and am now very formal about connecting the charger, locking the car, then claiming the charger to avoid the pair of them getting into the merry dance. Thus far it seems to work reliably.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

DazzUK wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:55 am
BioHzrd wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:37 pm Im making the assumption the charger was on a Tesco site ? going by the £30 pre authorisation fee.

Hi,
Some of these Tritium chargers are a pain but next time try activating the CCS charge prior to plugging the car in I had this at a store up in Inverness last week.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

BioHzrd wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:05 am
DazzUK wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:55 am

Hi,
Some of these Tritium chargers are a pain but next time try activating the CCS charge prior to plugging the car in I had this at a store up in Inverness last week.
Great, thanks. I plugged into a PodPoint at Lidl, no problems using the app and charged from 48% to 100% in about 70 mins, just enough time for a coffee and breakfast.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I have the app and registered with pay info etc does this mean there is no preauthorisation or does it just not work using app

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post