Activating ACC without purchasing via the MySkoda App

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
r8mxx

Post by r8mxx »

Afternoon all!

Does anyone have any information how to activate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) on a 2023 Enyaq 80 Loft without paying the £269 ransom through the MySkodaApp?

The car has the correct ACC stalk (with distance slider on the top) - however get the message "ACC not activated" when pulling the stalk towards me. Then I see it's an option to purchase in the MySkoda app! (along with high beam assist at £247 and a couple of £25 payments for playing with the ambient lighting....)

I think it could be done via OBDeleven - and willing to make that investment as myself and several colleagues (company car order finally dropped!) wish to activate ACC so could split the cost between us.

Any help or further links would be appreciated!

zice

Post by zice »

don't...
it's available for official purchase for a reason.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

There's a danger you mess something up. There's also a danger that even if you don't but have an accident, your insurance would be void because its an unauthorised modification you haven't told them about. Is it worth the risk?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

I purchased it on the app as I thought the price was quite reasonable. I am quite thankful that new technology allows additional features to be added. Only a few years ago you were stuck with the original spec.
As far as I know its not possible to activate ACC on the OBD. I have read about people activating drive assist but only when ACC is already active.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:55 pm There's a danger you mess something up. There's also a danger that even if you don't but have an accident, your insurance would be void because its an unauthorised modification you haven't told them about. Is it worth the risk?

100%. I work with a lot of insurance companies and have sat in internal meetings where unauthorised modifications to vehicle firmware are absolutely an area they are aware of, and may take a look at in the event of a claim (to avoid liability). Not just vehicle firmware. Fire Alarm firmware, Building Management System firmware etc. Basically anything which could later affect proper operation and performance; they know people try to fiddle ;-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

That message you receive is not that ACC isn’t available to the cars.

ACC is standard equipment on 80iV. You just need to set the ACC speed and pull the ACC stalk forward to engage ACC. Read the manual come with the car regarding how to use ACC.

I had the same message when I initially tried to use the ACC and once the stalk is engaged, it works.

Don’t bother buying additional optional features from the APP
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

£269 ransom on a car circa 40k 😁
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post