Dipping wing mirror when reversing

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Hello, wonder if anyone has experienced this and can suggest a solution.

I know that the passenger side wing mirror should dip when reverse is selected to give visibility of the wheels on the passenger side.

I definitely have this switched on in the car settings for all driver profiles but there is no movement when reverse is selected.

The electric mirror moves as required by the switch when you operate the joystick but no auto-dipping.

Any thoughts?
Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels

RichR

Post by RichR »

What happens if you leave the mirror switch in the 'L' position and put it in reverse?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

This functionality is only available for vehicles with the electrically adjustable driver's seat. Just checking that's the case for you?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Just a general observation though: I don’t have this functionality but initially my Enyaq adjusted the passenger side downwards, when I adjusted the drivers’ side downwards. I found this annoying, as it meant I couldn’t actually see if anything was coming from that side (when parking on the left, in my RHD Enyaq). I disabled this feature, as I much prefer to take individual control of each mirror, independently.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Pict

Post by Pict »

So long since I did this but

Mirror control in L, car in drive, adjust mirror to its normal position
Select reverse, leave selector in L, change mirror angle to preferred position
Now when you select Drive or Reverse the mirror should move to your set position

As noted above the mirror control must be on L and the seats be electrically adjustable

page 61 of the user manual (ignore it saying leave in R unless you have a LHD car)

Screen-2023-05-03_17-25-10.jpg

60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Does this work with cars without memory seats ? I’m sure on my last enyaq that was the case ?
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Sorry just read above
Pict

Post by Pict »

C2atb wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:52 pm Does this work with cars without memory seats ? I’m sure on my last enyaq that was the case ?
Sorry can't help, I have memory seats

Reading the manual the section just above the instructions regarding dipping the mirror says "valid for vehicles with electrically adjustable seat" but then the dipping is a new section.

Whether it still is a requirement someone without memory seats can hopefully answer
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Pict wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:56 pm
C2atb wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:52 pm Does this work with cars without memory seats ? I’m sure on my last enyaq that was the case ?
Sorry can't help, I have memory seats

Reading the manual the section just above the instructions regarding dipping the mirror says "valid for vehicles with electrically adjustable seat" but then the dipping is a new section.

Whether it still is a requirement someone without memory seats can hopefully answer
Yes sorry it’s the same , you need electric seats as in I comment above. I didn’t see it
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Thanks everyone.

Yes, I do have the electric memory seats. I thought it may be something to do with the position of the mirror joystick itself and cycled through them all to eventually find that if you have "L" selected and put it in reverse the mirror dips!

If only the dealership could have told me this instead of booking it in for a diagnostic!
Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post