Problem with Charging Set Mode 2

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BeemerRS

Post by BeemerRS »

Hello all. First question from a new VRS owner.

Whilst waiting for my home charger to be installed, I have purchased a Mode 2 charging set, as a backup. Unfortunately, even after trying sockets in both my garage and my house, the control box on the cable shows a flashing green light for the house, and a solid red light for the car. On the car itself, I get a flashing green light for about 30 seconds after connection, then a solid red light.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Am I missing something obvious?

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Is the car charged to the limit set in menu, eg 80% already? It would start charging for a few seconds with a green flashing light and then stop and display red?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
BeemerRS

Post by BeemerRS »

Thanks for the suggestion Ken. I will check that and see if that is the issue. The car was at 86% charge so that might explain it.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

You shouldn’t charge over 80% unless immediately about to go on a long journey. Batteries kept between 20and 80% degrade much slower than those charged higher and discharged more. Batteries charged to full or near full are not damaged by the charging but by being left some time overfilled.
Best to charge little and often between those limits, don’t leave all week and charge in one go.
I would plug mine in even if only ay 75% and take it back to 80% most days
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
BeemerRS

Post by BeemerRS »

Thanks for the guidance Ken. I checked the car, and it is set to 100%. I will change it as you recommend, but I still have the initial problem that the Mode 2 cable will not charge the car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post