Shutting the Boot!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
kustardffc

Post by kustardffc »

Anyone else's boot not seem to shut properly every time? Admittedly I have not read the instructions but TBH I have been successfully shutting boots for years with no real issues! I thought maybe I was touching the button but most the time I push down on the number plate to avoid finger prints on the car so its not that. It even appears closed but the lights don't flash and it doesn't sound right and the app says otherwise.

Is it just me?
80 Sportline, Race Blue, Sun Roof, Family pack, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Package Plus. Ordered 18th Dec 21. Accepted June 22, Build week 7, received 8 April 23. Love it!

DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

kustardffc wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 am Anyone else's boot not seem to shut properly every time? Admittedly I have not read the instructions but TBH I have been successfully shutting boots for years with no real issues! I thought maybe I was touching the button but most the time I push down on the number plate to avoid finger prints on the car so its not that. It even appears closed but the lights don't flash and it doesn't sound right and the app says otherwise.
Is it just me?
There was a thread a while back where some suggested you could adjust the rubber bungs that dampen the thud on closing. Ours often needed trying a second time, or a good slam. I adjusted the rubber bungs and persuaded myself it had got a little better. I think I've just got used to it. I just double check each time.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Indeed and this worked for me. I think be careful not to adjust them too far down, otherwise the boot could possibly hit the bumper.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
kustardffc

Post by kustardffc »

Thanks for this, will take a look later
80 Sportline, Race Blue, Sun Roof, Family pack, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Package Plus. Ordered 18th Dec 21. Accepted June 22, Build week 7, received 8 April 23. Love it!
Goff

Post by Goff »

I got this from day one. I now firmly shut the boot and double check. Others have to be reminded to do this.
Ordered November 2021: iV80 Artic Silver Loft Heat Pump Sunroof Tow Bar Convenience Package Textile Mats Mud Flaps. Delivered December 2022.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post