Key battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Anyone else have issues with key battery life? We are changing ours every 2-3 months. Most cars I have owned I have changed a max of once during the whole ownership.

I know there is alot of technology in the key to stop cloning but this seems like excessive usage. We have tried storing the key further away from the car so that the led stops flashing but this has had no effect.

Most annoyingly there is no warning on the car that the battery is getting low, also it doesn't seem to slowly degrade, just goes from normal to not unlocking at all.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021

Pict

Post by Pict »

No problems here

18 months of ownership and 99% of the time we use the same fob. Unlocking and locking is a mixture of keyless and pressing the button and no sign of degraded performance
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Brussels

Post by Brussels »

Sounds like a bad fob. I wonder if they can give you a new one
Reserved demo car at dealership, delivery: 16/02/2023 after 7500 kms
Demo car so no choice. Sunroof, Silver, Suite, crystal face :roll: , HUD, Family Basic, No Travel Assist (only basic) :evil: heat pump :D 19´ wheels

First time EV owner, Belgium
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Sounds like its just us then. Does anyone else's key flash away when in the house? We have to store ours right at the back of the house to stop it flashing.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
RichR

Post by RichR »

Does it do this with both keyfobs?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I have had similar issues with several cars. My Tarraco would go about 6 months before needing the key replaced. Usually its because I would walk past the car several times a day, even if you dont unlock it when the key is near the car they do a handshake which is using the battery. In the Tarraco you used to be able to sit in the car with the ignition on but engine off, then press one of the key fob buttons and the car would tell you if the battery was getting low. I havent had a need to try this in the Enyaq so I dont know if it works or not.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

My battery in the main key in use is lasting 4-6 months.

Not needed to change the 2nd fob battery yet and it still works, but I never use it.

Like you say in all previous cars I have owned the battery would last 24+ months.

Must be all the hand shaking this key does to the car.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

MIne's still going strong after 18 months, and it lives in my trouser pocket all the time (except when I'm in bed) - so it never goes into sleep mode during the day as I work from home so am within range of the car.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
roger4

Post by roger4 »

I have just changed the battery in my fob, car is 2 years old and 11000 miles on the clock. I got a warning message on the infotainmnent screen that the battery in the foib needed changing.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My key warning light came up after 15 months and 9,500 miles - was expecting longer, but preferable to my previous VAG Tiguan which failed twice without warning in 3 years. Will be replacing key fob batteries annually in the future. Would be nice if the key fob was replaced with your mobile phone as per Tesla.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post