home charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:09 am
Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:04 pm
Are you using the Pod Point scheduler within the app ?
Yes, I think it is the Pod Point Scheduler that limits the current if it detects high usage?
No the scheduled doesn't adjust the charging current that's done by the Fuse Saver but a known issue with VW Group cars and the PP app scheduled exists where when uses the charge current sits at around 4.5kW constant through the scheduled time.

Irrespective of the loads within the property.
[/quote]

Many thanks for the useful update, good to know, though annoying if VW and/or PP are aware but are doing nothing about it?

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:20 am Many thanks for the useful update, good to know, though annoying if VW and/or PP are aware but are doing nothing about it?

PP are aware of it, as you have the issue you most likely have an Arch 2.4 or older PCB. The newer iterations Arch 3 and above solve the issue.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:50 pm
Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:20 am Many thanks for the useful update, good to know, though annoying if VW and/or PP are aware but are doing nothing about it?

PP are aware of it, as you have the issue you most likely have an Arch 2.4 or older PCB. The newer iterations Arch 3 and above solve the issue.
Thanks again for the info BioHzrd, much appreciated. I replaced the standard 7.5m cable for a 12m cable to enable me to charge on the road and the drive, didn't notice if the PCB had a version on it?
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I haven't experienced this with a Zappi ever. I only use the Zappi to schedule the charging, never the car. We have no charge locations set in the car. The only variable I ever adjust (via the app) is the charge level, which I bump up to 100% before a long journey otherwise it's left at 80%.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Shandy

Post by Shandy »

Hey BioHzrd.

does this mean my new PP 3 home charger, due to be installed on Monday will work ok?

Does it matter if I'm with Octopus or someone else like OVO (I'm likely to change to OVO after reading another topic on here about tariffs0

Thanks,

Adam
Black 2021 Enyaq Collection 01.07.2023 and I have no idea what I'm doing! :o
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:03 am

Thanks again for the info BioHzrd, much appreciated. I replaced the standard 7.5m cable for a 12m cable to enable me to charge on the road and the drive, didn't notice if the PCB had a version on it?
Depending on when it was fitted will determine its version. If you can't see it anywhere on the board it possibly an Arch 3

Just an FYI if you have swapped the cable you will have now voided your warranty if it was still under one.
Shandy wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:31 pm

Hey BioHzrd.

does this mean my new PP 3 home charger, due to be installed on Monday will work ok?

Does it matter if I'm with Octopus or someone else like OVO (I'm likely to change to OVO after reading another topic on here about tariffs0

Thanks,

Adam
Yes your charger should have no issues with using the PP scheduled charging function, ivw been running mine for a month with no issues on a Arch 3 PCB

No it doesn't matter what tariff your on or who you are with charger doesn't care, input the details into the app when you set it up and you'll be fine.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:51 pm
Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:03 am

Depending on when it was fitted will determine its version. If you can't see it anywhere on the board it possibly an Arch 3

Just an FYI if you have swapped the cable you will have now voided your warranty if it was still under one.
Shandy wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:31 pm

Hey BioHzrd.

Thanks,

Adam
Yes your charger should have no issues with using the PP scheduled charging function, ivw been running mine for a month with no issues on a Arch 3 PCB

No it doesn't matter what tariff your on or who you are with charger doesn't care, input the details into the app when you set it up and you'll be fine.
Yep, I had to accept I voided my warranty but Pod Point refused to support anything but the 7.5m cables that ships with the tethered Solo 2. I'm a sparky so accepted the risk, and touch wood all seems okay over the last 4 months
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm
Yep, I had to accept I voided my warranty but Pod Point refused to support anything but the 7.5m cables that ships with the tethered Solo 2. I'm a sparky so accepted the risk, and touch wood all seems okay over the last 4 months
Yeah we don't sell one with a longer lead, 7.5m is the industry standard. Solo2 is a decent unit not many problems with them tbh !

If I needed mine longer I would have done the same to be honest mate, like you spark to trade I just work for Pod Point direct :lol:

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm Yep, I had to accept I voided my warranty but Pod Point refused to support anything but the 7.5m cables that ships with the tethered Solo 2. I'm a sparky so accepted the risk, and touch wood all seems okay over the last 4 months
You may have voided your warranty, but that wonโ€™t affect your consumer rights. If you have an issue thatโ€™s not related to the cable then Pod Point (or your supplier if you didnโ€™t buy direct) are still obliged to fix it for you.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

MikeJL wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:28 am
Choppsie wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm Yep, I had to accept I voided my warranty but Pod Point refused to support anything but the 7.5m cables that ships with the tethered Solo 2. I'm a sparky so accepted the risk, and touch wood all seems okay over the last 4 months
You may have voided your warranty, but that wonโ€™t affect your consumer rights. If you have an issue thatโ€™s not related to the cable then Pod Point (or your supplier if you didnโ€™t buy direct) are still obliged to fix it for you.
That is really good to know, thank you MikeJL

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post