Range Display in mySkoda App

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
hughindevon

Post by hughindevon »

Hi,

New user, first post. We have just purchased a 2nd hand Enyaq iV Sportsline 150 80. First registered Oct 2021 and the car software is version 3.0. We are still getting to grips with the car and with the mySkoda app for monitoring charging. We have the mySkoda app installed on Apple and Android devices and they both show the same behaviour. Basically, the car infotainment system is set to show available range in units of miles. The Apple version of the mySkoda app is set to show range in imperial units - i.e. miles, there doesn't seem to be the option of units in the Android version. However both apps show the same range as the car does but show the units as kM. Very disconcerting.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Hugh

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

The units (miles/km) issue has been with us since the start. Every software version and car combination is the same. Unless you are using km everywhere, don't expect the displayed distance in the app to be correct unless you've just locked the car. It's been reported and discussed many times. I don't think Skoda seems bothered about sorting it, which is strange because it's such a simple problem to resolve. I think the error is server-side, but as of yet there is no fix. I'm sure someone will correct me if anything I've written is not correct. Basically, if your app is reporting a shorter range than the car, you multiply the app value by 1.61 (km to mile ratio), it all works out the same.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

No need to be 'very disconcerted'. Your car is charged, the app units are just flawed, as you've rightly identified. This won't be the last irritation you have with the app!
HampshireEV

Post by HampshireEV »

This problem still exists as of Feb 2024. Latest from Skoda when I raised the query recently - which is a bit unsatisfactory really:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1)

Thank you for your patience.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The incorrect range value is caused by a software bug in the vehicle. This issue will be planned to be solved in one of the following software versions.
In case of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your understanding.
We hope that within this procedure the complaint will be resolved to your full satisfaction, and you will continue to favor the ŠKODA brand.

2)

Thank you for your feedback.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with the information about the time of when exactly the update be released.
Thank you for your understanding.
We hope that within this procedure the complaint will be resolved to your full satisfaction, and you will continue to favor the ŠKODA brand.
With kind regards,

Support for Digital Services
ŠKODA AUTO a.s
T: 00800 80 247 247
support@skoda-auto.com, www.skoda-auto.com
Skoda Enyaq iV vRS Coupe - Graphite Grey, 20" Taurus wheels & aerotrims, heatpump + usual vRS spec (also PPF front end & full ceramic coating).

6.5kWp solar PV, 6kWh home battery, 3.68kW hybrid inverter, myenergi Zappi & Eddi.
Skku

Post by Skku »

:roll: Well.....you English people could always switch to km and drive on the right side of the road :roll:
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

We do drive on the right side of the road - the left.

You could sit on the right side of the car 😄
Pict

Post by Pict »

Skku wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:43 am :roll: Well.....you English people could always switch to km and drive on the right side of the road :roll:
Well us Scots, Welsh and Irish can continue on the left then

Might make the border crossing interesting
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Pict wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:10 am
Skku wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:43 am :roll: Well.....you English people could always switch to km and drive on the right side of the road :roll:
Well us Scots, Welsh and Irish can continue on the left then

Might make the border crossing interesting
Ireland already uses km but continues to drive on the correct side of the road :) .

If England did change to the wrong side of the road I expect that we could manage the border crossing if the change was planned properly. Sweden managed with the Finnish and Norewegian borders before they changed to the wrong side in September 1967 :D

I have never had a problem with the range being incorrectly displayed in either app. The car has version 3.5 software since build.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Woodhead

Post by Woodhead »

So in the app I changed my settings General -> units to by Imperial (uk) and I now get miles in the app / widget

IMG_6324.jpeg

Ordered 11/11/2023
Enyaq 85 Edition - Loft - Advanced package - Racing Blue
Estimated production Feb 24, delivery late Mar 24
Confirmed build week 08 …. Delivery on track…
At dealership - Collection 23rd March

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post