Has anyone had a battery replacement?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
bigfredi

Post by bigfredi »

So I booked my 211 Enyaq 80 for a service to deal with the travel assist disconnecting all the time and they called me to do a battery check for a recall on the battery (I think it is the same that VW id4s have had too).

End result, apparently they need to replace the battery and they will do it in the same visit, but the car may need to stay there for the day.

I was wondering if anyone has had a battery replacement and how long it took, since I have a trip abroad 2 days after the earlier booking they can give me and I certainly don't want to miss the holidays because my car is still in the garage :?

Anyone saw a one day service turn into several days?

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Assume you mean the 12 volt domestic battery and not the main traction battery? Mine was replaced as part of the ME3 software update. If they have all the parts (battery and new cover) it ought to take less than hour. If your software is being upgraded at the same time then this is a much more variable time - mine took 2 days but it seems dealers, or at least some, are doing it within a day.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As above - replacing the 12V battery only (which is the service campaign the ID.3/4 had) takes under an hour. However if your car is still on ME2.x (ie was delivered before about the end of 2021), then there is also a mandatory software update to ME3.x, which also includes the 12V battery replacement as part of the same campaign - which takes up to two days (the actual updates take something like 5 hours due to the number of modules that need to be updated and each has to be rebooted and verified before doing the next module. If any fail, then the process has to be rolled back and restarted).

I don't think more than a very few cars have had the 400V traction battery replaced, that's definitely not a routine procedure.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Zenodotus

Post by Zenodotus »

My 1 y/o Enyaq developed a fault in module 9 of the main battery this month. Warning lights were amber triangle with exclamation mark, car with exclamation mark and text saying turn off ignition and call a garage.

The nearest Skoda garage investigated, and said it needs to go to a 'Certified battery center' to be repaired. The nearest one to me (West Sussex) has a TWO MONTH waiting list. Another in Northamptonshire is even longer.

I am driving a loan car in the meantime (a used car from the garage's lot). I am grateful for that.

I appreciate problems happen, but I'm very disappointed and unimpressed with how Skoda are dealing with this isssue. Seems that there is no sense of urgency to fix it.
Skoda UK evidently has a lack of capacity and infrastructure to fix/ replace electric car batteries.
enyaq60artic

Post by enyaq60artic »

Zenodtus - I also live in the Sussex area and interested in the certified battery center as my delarer has booked my car in for replacement of a battery module in the next few weeks. Can you say which dealer is a certified center?
dereks

Post by dereks »

enyaq60artic wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:46 pm Zenodtus - I also live in the Sussex area and interested in the certified battery center as my delarer has booked my car in for replacement of a battery module in the next few weeks. Can you say which dealer is a certified center?
I would be interested in this too as I live in West Sussex too. My car has to get the main traction battery check / module replaced as well. I'm being told "Lookers" in Guilford are the certified battery centre. No idea on when this is going to get done. My local dealer are trying to book my car in at the moment.

The car went in for a warranty claim on the failed charge flap and they are saying they cannot do it until the battery service campaign is completed..! Not sure how this was missed during the service the did about a month ago.?
Artic Silver IV60 20" Alloys, suite, 100KW,
family, climate, convenience, transport, lights, drive sport, assisted drive, parking packs.
Octopus Energy share.octopus.energy/vivid-cub-951

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post