Ohme home pro and intelligent octopus

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Chrisr

Post by Chrisr »

Hello all

Due to take delivery of new IV60 this week.

I have the following ready to go:
Ohme home pro tethered 8m cable and Intelligent Octopus.

Can I extend the tethered 8m cable using the charge cable supplied with the car?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I don’t believe you will be able to do so because one end of the Skoda cable fits into an untethered charger, up to 22kWh and the other end into the charging port on the vehicle. They are different so you won’t be able to link to the end of your tethered charger cable as this fits directly into the Type 2 charging port on the EV. Also I don’t believe it is recommended to extend 7kWh charging cables due to the high power levels.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

No, for the reasons above.

But I've got a Home Pro with only 5m tethered on the side of my garage, and I can reach 2 parking spaces in front with it - 8m is a fair distance, it might surprise you if you haven't measured it out yet.

If you still can't reach the car with 8m, then unfortunately the Home Pro is in the wrong place.
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

You can buy extension cables to extend your tethered cable. £120
Evonestop.co.uk
https://evonestop.co.uk/products/type-2 ... -16-32-amp
HairyCowMan

Post by HairyCowMan »

Olpk1190 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:32 pm You can buy extension cables to extend your tethered cable. £120
Evonestop.co.uk
https://evonestop.co.uk/products/type-2 ... -16-32-amp
Looking on the link it does say that the extension cable is only compatible with a Rolec tethered unit so I would check with them before biting the bullet
80 Suite ordered 8/1/22
Collected 2/2/23
Arctic Silver
19" Regulus
Climate Plus
Drive Sport Basic
Assisted Drive Basic
Family Basic
Zappi charger & Solar
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I was warned not to extend the tethered cable, even if you can find an extension. Dangerous
I had the version with 8 m cable fitted to avoid needing one. My charger cable can now reach any possible location on my drive to park a car and alternate charging port positions should I change car in the future.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post