Coolant pump fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Chrisjthomas

Post by Chrisjthomas »

Hi.

I was supposed to get delivery of my new IV 80 on June 5th. I was contacted on that day to be told delivery wouldn't be made - no other information! It took me a week to find out that a warning light had appeared and that the car was waiting inspection. It took a further three weeks to get inspected and I found out today that there was a fault with the coolant pump!! Parts have been ordered for the 6th of July but still no delivery date. So far Skoda and dealership customer service has been sadly lacking! Anyone else had this problem?

80AG

Post by 80AG »

Same happened to me. Was supposed to be delivered 10/08 still no news on getting it.
How long did yours take?
dlman

Post by dlman »

Same thing happened to me last month. It delayed my delivery by 4 weeks.
darthmjh

Post by darthmjh »

Yep I had the same, but mine was delivered with the fault.
viewtopic.php?p=22134#p22134
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

I was advised by Skoda last week that it was in Grimsby but there was a "transport" fault and didnt have the details, i wonder if its the same issue
Enyaq 80 Loft with plus pack, sunroof and heat pump
Ordered 3rd May 2023
Build week 33 2023
Shipped to UK 25th Aug 2023
Delivered 22nd Sept 2023

Zappi charger and IO tariff
£50 each for the referral - https://share.octopus.energy/smart-run-562
cmariepurple65

Post by cmariepurple65 »

I ordered my Enyaq as a new build, which took 10 months and arrived in early June. I took possession on 5 June, 2023 after paying cash. I seem to remember some sort of a delivery delay, but I cannot find ANY emails that support this. However, 4 months after taking possession, and while the car had barely 1000 miles, the car's sunroof started a random open & shut sequence that repeated until I pulled the car over, turned it off and reset the computer. Within a week of this on 6 October at 1200 miles, the coolant light came on. I notified Skoda Service immediately, and THEY told me to take the car to a mechanic to see if they could trace the leak. At this time, I assumed a clamp on a hose somewhere had come loose. No mechanic could trace the leak, so I made an appointment that was 3 weeks away with the Skoda dealership an hour's drive away. They could not offer me a replacement car while my Enyaq was being fixed unless I waited another month, a service that I had already paid for. Once I got the car to the dealership garage on 21 November, I listed the roof window fault, the coolant leak fault, and a new engine drive train fault warning light that had come on twice since making the appointment. The next day, the dealership told me they could not find the roof fault so they wouldn't fix it, and the coolant leak and engine fault were related, and the part that is needed was back-ordered to the tune of several weeks at best. All this in a car that had 1602 miles on it over 5.5 months on rural roads and a few carriageways.

At this point, I rejected the car. You can imagine the frantic emails and calls that occurred after that. In my eyes, if a car's roof window has a random opening and shutting fault that is difficult to trace and/or repair, then the car is dangerous to drive with the constant distraction of never knowing when the roof will suddenly let in the rain or snow or whatever. The coolant leak now seems to be a known fault, as shown in these posts. I'd be interested in knowing who, if anyone, was happy once their car was repaired, if it was repaired and how long it took. No matter what, I am rejecting the car. I am pretty disgusted that I spent all this money and then got such a lemon.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post