Air conditioning not working. Is it safe to drive?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
litera

Post by litera »

I expect the car doesn't really have any separate coolant liquid system that regulates the temperature of the batteries? My Air con doesn't work, the diagnostic states that the controller should be fine as well as the compressor (in my case that would be the heat pump). It seems that the CO2 leaked and therefore the air con isn't really cooling. My main question is whether it's safe to drive this car in hot summer temperatures on a long range if I will also be doing and quick charging stops en route? Quick charging heats up the batteries and if the coolant liquid can't be cooled, wouldn't that damage the batteries? Or is it enough for the coolant to go through the refrigerator to get it to ambient temperatures (which may be un the upper 30s in the hot summer in Croatia).

My service of course put me in a waiting line to be appointed in weeks after I'd return from my summer vacation (and likely won't need the air con anyway any more).

It also makes me angry as these failures should be anticipated by the service and taken care of urgently in the same way as if heating stopped working in winter. If the same happened in your home, you wouldn't wait until spring to get your heating fixed in your house, right? Such things are urgent in a specific time of the year. Not saying this because this is the failure I have with my car, but because I genuinely think this is how services should roll. Urgent matters shouldn't be postponed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post