New Enyaq IV60 Lounge Trim - LW Charger unit failed

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
michaeleaton

Post by michaeleaton »

Hi

I live on the isle of man, and recently bought a brand new Enyaq IV 60 - it was already in stock so no waiting around. I picked it up at 50% charge and decided to charge it at home with a granny charger - (waiting on wall charger to be fitted). I went back to the car the next morning to find it hadn't charged at all, i just assumed i'd miss some setting and didn't think anything of it, I got to work and used the only fast charger (50KW) on island and fully charged the car. No issues. 48 hrs or so later i needed to charge the car so i used a podpoint charger (22kw) - when i went back to my car it hadn't charged again. This time i had noticed the led was red and there was an error on screen saying unable to fully charge batter, consult driver wallet.

Took it back to the dealership and they tested it on a few of their PodPoint chargers couldn't get it to charge, same error.

they eventually took it in to the workshop and ran some tests, it came back with a low-voltage charger had failed, whatever that means! I'm now waiting for that to be fixed, question from me i guess is - ignoring that i'm on the isle of man - is this likely to be a big job and the part easily sourced from Skoda? The Dealership have lent me an Enyaq IV 80 which is soo much better than mine! Hah

Thanks,

Michael

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

It is most likely that the problem is with the AC charger within the AX4 High Voltage battery charger. There are several threads in this forum covering failures of this unit. Initially the dealers did not understand the problem and there was a lot of misdiagnosis, See viewtopic.php?t=1558&start=40 for a good example. The part is a common VW MEB part which has previously been available from stock in the UK. Aparently it is fairly straightforward to replace it. There is more information about the High Voltage system of the VW ID4, which is essentially the same as the Enyaq, at this link:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/ ... 7-0001.pdf
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post