Charging issues at home using own cable

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
andrewjrod

Post by andrewjrod »

In the last week I've started to have issues charging at home. I have a Zappi charger where I use the Enyaq's charging cable. It's not been a problem in the last year that I've owned the car.

I've plugged the car's charging cable into the Enyaq and heard it click into place, and after I plug the other end of the cable into the Zappi, the Zappi continues to display "EV disconnected".

Is this a problem with the cable or a problem with the Zappi?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RichR

Post by RichR »

Try the cable on another AC charger, for example at a local supermarket.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

Agreed, try another charger to see if it's the cable

Are you using the cable that came with the Zappi or the one that came with the car? Do you have both, have you tried swapping them over?
RichR

Post by RichR »

It might be worth having a look at the pins on the plug, in particular the two small ones - it's not unheard of for the metal bits to get pushed back in the plastic housing or get corroded (especially if dirt or water gets in) on some types of plug.

FWIW, I use the cable that came with my Enyaq on my Zappi, left attached to the charger semi-permanently (couple of velcro straps to keep it tidy where it comes over a fence). I have an aftermarket (blue!) 32A cable that I carry in the boot just in case I have to use a public AC charger.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Unlike the cables we received with the Kona and the PodPoint charger and the extended cable we purchased, the cable supplied with the Enyaq does not have a cap for the charger end connector. As I was concerned about the potential for contamination from moisture or debris, aprticularly for the two data (small) contacts, I have ordered a cap that I can fit to the cable.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I bought a wall mounted holder that keeps the plug dry and clean for about £10. This sort of thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Wallbox- ... B09B8RTY9N

You can get them with hooks for keeping the cable tidy too.
andrewjrod

Post by andrewjrod »

Choppsie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:37 am Agreed, try another charger to see if it's the cable

Are you using the cable that came with the Zappi or the one that came with the car? Do you have both, have you tried swapping them over?
Using the cable that came with the car

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post