80X Rear Lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Noticed that the rear lights did a funky animation on lock / unlock, and have since been messing with OBD11 and now they don't...

Also noticed this car is too clever for it's own good and the only reason I was messing with OBD11 was to see if rear DRLs could be activated, but, I'm sure the car powers off the DRLs if you jump out to check so none the wiser

Anyway, I've been through the history and undone all my changes but still no funky lock/unlock animation, even though the settings say to do it...

Does it only occur at night? Currently just the indicator lights flash on lock/unlock and I've no idea if the rear DRLs are on or not.
The front DRL are on as soon as the engine is started.

Crystal face only comes on when the headlights come on/off, it would be nice to have that as an option to come on with DRL too, since it's so expensive and you only see it in the dark!

Would not recommend OBD11, charged for applying the changes and charged again for undoing them!!
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Plug your seat belt in once ignition is on and the car will stay "on" when your arse leaves the seat and the doors open.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Ahhhh, should have thought of that! Thanks, will get some testing done. Still have some of the CH/LH options to reset.

The only OBDEleven app I know works was to activate the third brake light when the boot opens.
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Ok, quick update on OBDEleven...

Have managed to get restore the DRLs and also activate the Scandinavian DRL (DRL front and rear) which looks great.

I'm still missing the lighting animation on the rear lights on lock / unlock... But just had a thought, can anyone confirm the animation occurs in the daylight, and isn't subject to the light sensor value?

Cheers
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

This is what I've seen it do, on my car, but has since stopped... https://youtu.be/YjGA_MZ4Oa4

Also interested that the headlights come on when unlocked at night... Is this the 'Leaving Home' feature? If so I wouldn't say that is working either :-(
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Another update, now it’s dark here…

Animations working on lock and unlock!!

I intend to read up on the Leaving Home feature as absolutely nothing happens if I approach the car with the key, I’m guessing the lights should activate? If i unlock the car (at night) then that’s what happens.

It seems a bit weird to have an expensive lighting option that only works at night. It can’t be much more effort to enable the animations in the day, surely?
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

IMG_4142.png

From the manual, what are KESSY Headlights?

Also, has anyone managed to get this option on to the ‘Goodbye’ screen, it would be useful!

IMG_4141.jpeg

RichR

Post by RichR »

You can also configure the leaving and coming home lights from the Vehicle/Exterior/Comfort Lighting menu on the infotainment, including how long they stay on for.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
bobh1956

Post by bobh1956 »

This might help if you watch it all
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

My lights come on in vRS at night only when I get near the car. They do an animation as they come on.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post