Warning: software update disables driver assist if you have a non-factory towbar

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

Dear Skoda,

I took my Enyaq into Skoda in Worthing to have the air conditioning fixed and was told you were supplying a complete software update. When this was done, all the driver assist systems were disabled. After long investigations, it turned out that this was a coding problem caused by the fact that a non-factory towbar had been fitted with different coding, and that this would need to be reset by the towbar supplier. This has now been sorted, but it has caused me four return trips from Brighton to Worthing and one return trip to Hailsham, plus a bill for £95 plus VAT for the towbar re-coding. There has also been significant cost to Skoda in Worthing.

You can imagine how irritating this is for everyone concerned.

I think you should offer me and Worthing Skoda compensation. Will you do that?

For the future, please:

1. Have a procedure in place that either bypasses this problem in the update or provides a local fix. Make sure dealers know about this.
2. Provide better information to owners and dealers in advance on the problem.
3. Liaise with tow bar harness manufacturers and fitters to deal with the problem.

There must be thousands of Enyaq owners with this problem. There is serious reputational risk to you.

Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post