Intermittent Acceleration Lag After Braking

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Mr Brightside

Post by Mr Brightside »

Hello.

I have a strange one here on my June ‘23 Sportline (not X) that has happened 4 or 5 times over the last 3 weeks or so.

Coming up to a relatively busy roundabout on the brakes then just at the point of entering the roundabout a usable gap appears, so foot comes off the brakes & onto the accelerator, nothing happens but the car still continues to roll forward at the previous speed for maybe half to 1 second, then the speed starts to pick up.

As you can imagine this seems like an eternity & enough to make you hit the brakes pretty hard, but at that point you are nose out into the roundabout.

At first I thought I had caught the brake pedal at the same time as the accelerator which would have the same effect, but this is definitely not the case.

Anyone had anything similar ?

I’m going to book it into the dealer & add it to the list of a few niggles including the entertainment centre rebooting during a drive & the cruise control picking random speeds on motorways (including 2 attempts at 100MPH as Indicated on the screen).

Thanks.
80 Sportline
• Black Magic Pearl Paint
• Sportline Design Alcantara/Leather
• Tow Bar Prep
• Comfort Seat Pack
• Convenience Pack +
• Drive Sport + Pack
• Light & View Pack +
• Assisted Drive Pack + without Blind Spot Detection :(
• Climate Pack +

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

This happened to me as well last week. I slowed down coming up to an intersection, saw a spot to cross The intersection and tried to accelarate but For a short while it did nyt pick up The speed. It was like driving manual with too large shift. I have first generation enyaq iv80 that was manufactured in March -21. I think this acceleration issue after breaking but not fully stopped came with The latest software update. I have not had this issue before. Hopefully this gets fixed by next update
newenyaq

Post by newenyaq »

I have the same issue with our Enyaq iv 80. It is quite disconcerting to have no power for that split second pulling out of a junction or at a roundabout.

Did the dealer manage to resolve the issue?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post