Charging status unavailable?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Ellisjames

Post by Ellisjames »

Hi everyone

I’m a new member. Had my lovely Enyaq Coupe Vrs one week today.

Having some issues with charging. We have an EO Mini charger at home.
We’re on Octopus Intelligent.
Managed to charge the car fine the first night at home, but subsequent attempts have failed.
Service station charging has worked fine.
The app (which is appalling) is saying ‘Charging Status Unavailable’. Doesn’t refresh.
Meanwhile, the light by the charger port remains red.
The app was previously registering as ‘unconnected’.

I don’t think it’s the car or my settings. Possibly the connection to the car? We’ve had the charger four years and has never been an issue with our Tesla previously.
Enyaq Coupe Vrs, White, Maxx pack, Transport pack, heat pump.
based near Bristol.
Moved to the Enyaq after a Tesla Model 3.

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Probably cos the car doesn’t have reception and can’t communicate to the Skoda server for API update.

Or the car has been asleep for so long that it’s gone to hibernation.

It happens a lot and my smart charging at home with Ohme charger often goes wrong due to this issue. That’s why I don’t bother with EV leccy tariff and just charge the car up soon as.

Doesn’t help in your situation.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

You should be able to disable the “intelligent” part in the Octopus app, then it’ll just charge as per schedule in either Ohme app or schedule in car - preference would be charger set to only charge overnight 23:30-05:30 as fixed schedule
Ellisjames

Post by Ellisjames »

I’ve used the ‘bump charge’ option, but that doesn’t affect anything. As far as I can work out, I m think there’s a physical connection issue, because the car doesn’t seem to be recognising it’s plugged in; and a wireless connection issue in that the app isn’t speaking to the car.

The last one is frustrating though because I’ve connected it to the home Wi-Fi and my phone is on the same network.
Enyaq Coupe Vrs, White, Maxx pack, Transport pack, heat pump.
based near Bristol.
Moved to the Enyaq after a Tesla Model 3.
clarkey80

Post by clarkey80 »

After having the car for 6 months, this has just started for me too.
Charged it no problem on Monday, but when I went to connect at a new charger on a work site the app said Charging Status Unavailable, the car had a white flashing light that then went red and the dashboard in the car said to look at the manual.
I had a meeting so left it connected and when I returned to the car about 4 hours later it had charged.
Just got into work this morning - a different site from yesterday and the same thing happened.
Usually I hear the click and it goes green and charges no problem.

Getting a bit nervous as we're taking it to France for the first time in a few weeks...
dlman

Post by dlman »

This also happens to me.

I had assumed it was to do with my charger as it doesn't simply plug in and charge. If I go onto my charger's app and schedule a charge or do an immediate charge it then works.
clarkey80

Post by clarkey80 »

It's strange - on the app dashboard under Batter Range it says Unavailable.
The charger app is stuck on "Starting" rather than Charging.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post