Infotainment black screen

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
electric_driver

Post by electric_driver »

Hi all

Just driving along and a couple of times at the moment I’m getting a completely black infotainment screen. Speedo and stereo still works but back screen for some reason. Apologies for the dark photo it seems to be intermittent. I’m hesitant to take it to Skoda yet as I can’t work out how to replicate it!
I’ve tried holding down the reset button for 30 seconds and you can hear it reset and the stereo comes back on but the screen is still black (even if you do it multiple times).
It will happen completely at random sometimes from start up and sometimes when your driving! No rhyme or reason! Hoping someone else might have gone through the same issue!

IMG_1534.jpeg

aljack42

Post by aljack42 »

I had the same whe the car was only a few months from new. It lasted a few days and the functions gradually returned without intervention. However the image from the 4 cameras were not lost at all. Strange.
iV60 Loft Quartz (now Graphite) grey. Towbar, Comfort+, Convenience, Light & View Basic, Transport, Parking+, Climate+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Family+, Ordered 21 Sept '21. Delivered 27/6/22 with version 3 s/w
electric_driver

Post by electric_driver »

So I took it into Škoda for them to have a look, they had no idea, pretty sure my inkling it was an apple car play loading issue was true. They updated the BCU software and it’s all good now.

What I reckon happens is that when CarPlay fails to load properly it blacks out the full screen on the infotainment as it loads. With the update it now only blacks out the middle of the screen (ie you can see the climate control options etc and time on top and not the whole screen and you can exit out of it and go back in and it works fine!

Adding it here in case anyone else gets the same issue.
Pea

Post by Pea »

I got a black screen, it always helped to press the physical Clima button and the display woke up after a short while.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post