Boot Beeping

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Have been getting along really well the 80X.

At some point I made a mercy grab for something in the boot whilst the lid was closing... Lid stopped and went back up, pressed the button and it shut again so I didn't think anything more of it.

Now, every so often and seemingly at random the boot emits a loud beep when it's fully opened and I can't work out why.... This is different to the beeps when you open the lid with the remote BTW.

Anyone else had this?
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023

RichR

Post by RichR »

Have a look in the manual at the section on setting the maximum boot opening height. I think you've just put it into setting mode.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

I’ve got this issue - the boot just randomly beeps when fully opened. Not every time, but more often than not.

I’ve got it set to open full height - and done the thing where you press and hold the button in the boot lid to set the opening height. I’ve even set it lower and then set it back to its highest position again. It still beeps.

It’s not a great hardship - just annoying. If anyone does know of a way to turn it off, I’d be grateful!
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Glad it's not just me! I've never tried to set the height (I'd seen that in the manual, but ignored it as we're both tall)

The beep is quite loud, it's woken up the 5mnth old more than once. Things could get serious!
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
orrery

Post by orrery »

I get it too, or rather my wife gets it but I don't.

I suspect her standing too close to the rear parking sensors before the boot has completely opened.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post