Intermittent overnight charging since upgrading from ME2.x to 3.x

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi all,

I finally caved and allowed Skoda to upgrade my Enyaq last week (I’ve been putting it off, as I’ve had no issues with ME2.x and saw no reason to mess with it in the two years I’ve had it since new; they wanted to do it as part of the service etc).

I’ve since had two nights where overnight charging using my home PodPoint charger, has failed to start. I had no problems like this, previously.

Thursday: Failed
Fri: worked
Sat / Sun - didn’t need to charge.
Mon: Failed
Tues (last night) - Worked.

There are no schedules set in the Enyaq. I have 4 hour (cheap rate) schedules set on the PodPoint, which have worked perfectly for 2 years.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this after their 2021 ME2.x Enyaqs were upgraded?

By the way, I have ‘blown clear’ the connections, so there’s no grit or anything there.

Cheers 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Pksk

Post by Pksk »

See thread here for issue some of us had after update.
viewtopic.php?t=1553&start=20

This seemed to be an issue with VAG pod point and if you had solar. Took a while for pod point to admit an issue.

Never had the not charge at all. Try scheduling in car rather than pod point to see if it works.
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Hmm, yes I had no issues after the upgrade, but I changed from PodPoint to Zappi a little while ago. I did have to remember to create a charge location again as the upgrade wiped pretty much all settings.

(Pksk - you can have your old PodPoint back if you want it :) )
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Thanks both - I’ll keep an eye on things and as suggested, I’ll maybe try the scheduling from the car instead if the issue persists.

Overall, apart from this (and the well documented ‘quiet’ indicators…. I was around in the days when people were complaining they were too noisy on ME2 😂) it seems to be fine and I’m not sure if I’m imagining things but… it seems to be more efficient.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

I found a big increase in efficiency, especially on very long motorway journeys. I very rarely used to get more than 3.9 mi/kWh on ME2, but now I regularly get 4.2 or higher on ACC cruising at just below 70mph (in the dry) with climate control set to 19C as before. Even in the cold and wet, I'm getting much higher than I was before (though annoyingly not quite enough to get to my company's Northampton office and back without a 10 minute charge at some point).

Electric seats moving back when you open the door works every time, but they don't always move forward correctly when pressing the brake pedal. But given the car didn't have that feature at all when I bought it I can't really complain. After all, I just have to press one button to move the seat where I want it to be perhaps one time in 20.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

I have a new Enyaq, I've only had it for about two months. During that time it happened to me once, that the night charging did not take place and then the interior did not preheat in the morning either. When I got into the car, the system woke up and started preheating the interior. Software is just software, there will always be some bugs. I think the scheduler got stuck for some reason. I have schedules set in the Enyaq.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post