Keyless entry not working when car is cold

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Paul266

Post by Paul266 »

For some months now I have had an intermittent issue when the temperature drops the keyless entry does not work. During the last week or so it is failing to allow entry regularly. The key battery is fine and there are no warning lights on the dash. I have found that if I pre warm the vehicle the car opens first time. Has anyone else had this issue or any remedies would be greatly appreciated.

orrery

Post by orrery »

Are you wearing gloves?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
galvogalvo

Post by galvogalvo »

Had a similar problem this week, 2 year old Enyaq. We don’t have keyless entry, but locking / unlocking has been struggling in the cold weather.

Pressing the button on the key fails to unlock or lock. One time had to open with the manual key and after the alarm had been going off for a few seconds the key worked.

Also had a case where it wouldn’t lock for a few minutes.

Due in for a service in a couple of weeks, but am going to try and get it in early now.
Enyaq IV 80 Suite - Ordered July '21, Delivered November '21 | Quartz Grey, 125kW DC, Retractable Tow Bar, Heat Pump, Family Pack, Climate Package Plus

Many bike racks (rooftop and towbar!)
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

If the key battery is low there is not an obvious indicator on the infotainment system - you have to go in car status and check for any orange coloured reports. In my case, with non-keyless entry, had to replace batteries in both key fobs for the second time in 2 years of ownership. My previous experience with VAG keyless entry it is prudent to change batteries every year.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
galvogalvo

Post by galvogalvo »

Just changed the battery in both our keys and problem solved!

There really should be a better notification - but lesson learnt.
Enyaq IV 80 Suite - Ordered July '21, Delivered November '21 | Quartz Grey, 125kW DC, Retractable Tow Bar, Heat Pump, Family Pack, Climate Package Plus

Many bike racks (rooftop and towbar!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post