Independent charging speed testing

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Hi
I'd like to evidence to my dealer that my car isn't capable of charging to the claimed 120Kw (I can't get above 50kw). They do not accept liability (instead sending me a very helpful/ gaslighting leaflet explaining the conditions that affect charging speed).

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a test of how fast my car can charge at? I fear this is the only was they will believe me/ evidence the courts will recognise.
Many thanks
Justin

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Theres not a lot you can do other than find some known good, fast, high speed chargers and try them out with a suitably warm battery...

If its limiting at exactly 50kw, then its possible it doesnt have the rapid charging upgrade. It was a £500 optional extra on early cars like mine, and without the option the car is software limited to 50kw. Later they made it standard.

What year/spec is it?

The skoda app used to show you what charging speed your car had, but it appears they've removed that now.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Thanks Aragorn.
Its an early one too. I paid £500 for 100kw charging and then they all got upgraded to 120.
Early on I got 80Kw out of it but havne't ever even reached that speed since. Since the installed upgrade, never had more than 50kw.

July 2021- 21 plate. 60

Yeah thanks am going to do that, but just wanted to enhance my evidence.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

i wonder if the software upgrade has somehow "lost" the charging upgrade?

The main issue is finding a charger thats actually fast enough, its also freezing just now and that can limit charge rate.

That said, it stopping at exactly 50 would, to me, be a very good indicator that its a software limitation. Its unlikely a rapid would limit that neatly by itself.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Find a Kempower charger, that will display on their own site if the car is limiting when charging at 50kwh.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post