Latest Version My Skoda App?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Drilling down a little I’ve found that I am using version 6.2.2.

Is this the latest version? If not how out of date is it? (Octopus have informed me that they are currently unable to ‘talk with’-read control-my VRs. Restoring communications may involve installing the latest version of the My Skoda app but I don’t want to mess with it unnecessarily…)

Thanks,

Fossilnot

Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

6.2.2 is the latest Generally Available version on Google Play. If you join the Beta from the listing page, you get access to 6.3.1 Beta, which - in my experience - is far better than the GA. More stable, more features, access for additional drivers, etc.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Right, thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. I did join from Google Play…
All I have to do now is find the listing page.

Love the car, absolutely hate the charging! Thinking now of transferring to Flexible Octopus which, hopefully, will take out some of the complexity.

Fossilnot
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'm 'Apple’ and there are two Apps - Skoda and Skoda essential. I've downloaded them both, both recognise the car but the weird thing is that they report completely different available range (although the battery charge level is the same!).

But then I guess that's par for the course with Skoda IT

Ric
Ric

Post by Ric »

Oops - old git mistake! One was set to 'kms' and the other one to 'miles'. Any thoughts as to which app is better - or are they the same?
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I am focussing on the My Skoda app simply because Octopus say they need me to agree to the terms and conditions of the latest version (without saying what that is version is numerically designated as) in order to restore their ‘control’ of the car and hence smart charging capability.

I assume that, despite the complex charging plans created on my Octopus app, I have been dumb charging within the overnight window at the cheap rate. Clearly Octopus does have a measure of communication with either the car or the wall box or both as Octopus establishes a charging plan within seconds/minutes of my plugging in. How the Skoda essential app works in conjunction with the My Skoda app-if at all!-I have absolutely no idea.

This whole charging saga is intensely annoying and sours my experience of an otherwise enjoyable car that is exactly right for my daft old git stage of life and requirements.

Going to attempt to change tariffs now-Oh God I hate the modern world!

Fossilnot (but another git)
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Ric wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:51 am Oops - old git mistake! One was set to 'kms' and the other one to 'miles'. Any thoughts as to which app is better - or are they the same?
The essentials app is the renaimed older version of the MySkoda app. When they introduced a new, supposedly better, app earlier this year they renamed the old one and the new one became MySkoda. I generally use MySkoda but find sometimes I can access the car data on the essentials app but not the old one. The new app seems to show charging power in 1kW increments and the essentials app shows it in 0.5kW intervals. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both. Which is better depends on personal preference and which funtions you use most.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

So-having plunged down this unpleasant wormhole!-I have deleted 6.2.2 (sourced originally from Play Store) and have scanned the QR code accessing ‘Skoda Essentials’ from the handbook. Car and book 2023…
Does anybody know if there is a way to ascertain the numerical designation of this app before I go through the rigmarole of enabling and linking it?
Cheers,
Fossilnot
Pea

Post by Pea »

long press the app icon, select "About application" and scroll down to the very bottom where the app version is listed
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Very good! Thanks.
As it happens a window popped up offering the newest version (allegedly) of the app so I took advantage of that. Naturally-or not- the s pin I recorded in three different places back in the summer is now not recognised so a bit of jiggers pokery on the PC called for!

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post