Rattling noise inside car

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BillyBob

Post by BillyBob »

Hi All
I've recently taken delivery of my new Enyaq Coupe 80x Sportline Plus in Race Blue. It's been great so far, very practical and also a bit of a head turner. I only have one niggle, and that is a very annoying rattle coming from somewhere in the boot when going over the usual bumps and imperfections on UK roads. I have totally emptied the boot thinking it was something I'd put in, so it's not that. I guess it must be a trim piece or latch maybe. I have investigated all moving and non moving bits and pieces that I can think of to try and pin point the noise, but no luck so far. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

does it sound like it could be from the suspension? Mine had a noise like that from new, most noticable on certain broken road surfaces or certain speed bumps. Left like passenger side rear corner. Dealership couldnt find it, and a few folks have reported similar noises. Not sure if i've just got used to it or if its improved but i dont notice it as much now.

Some of the other reports made it sound a lot worse than mine, rattling constantly. Mine only ever made the noise when the rear passenger corner hit something that resulted in a sharp accelleration of the wheel.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Pict

Post by Pict »

Aragorn wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:23 pm does it sound like it could be from the suspension? Mine had a noise like that from new, most noticable on certain broken road surfaces or certain speed bumps. Left like passenger side rear corner. Dealership couldnt find it, and a few folks have reported similar noises. Not sure if i've just got used to it or if its improved but i dont notice it as much now.

Some of the other reports made it sound a lot worse than mine, rattling constantly. Mine only ever made the noise when the rear passenger corner hit something that resulted in a sharp accelleration of the wheel.

Mine still has an (obvious to me) thunk from nearside rear corner when going over rougher surfaces.

3 times the dealer has investigated and reported that they can find nothing wrong.
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Pea

Post by Pea »

Check the rear seat belt buckles, maybe one is not in the right position and touching some plastic surface around.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Pict wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 pm Mine still has an (obvious to me) thunk from nearside rear corner when going over rougher surfaces.

3 times the dealer has investigated and reported that they can find nothing wrong.
Yeah, its probably still there and i've just filtered it out.

Actually the thing that i still notice is the horrific bang the car makes if the nearside rear hits a pothole while under high torque.

Theres a roundabout near me that has fairly fast traffic entering from the right, so you've sometimes got to get the boot in and go quickly, and theres a pot hole right in the traction zone as you enter the roundabout. The noise is ridiculous sounds like somethings just broken off the bottom of the car. I'm now super careful with my road positioning at that roundabout to avoid the hole, but it does still sometimes catch me out at other similar situations where your accellerating hard and hit a pothole.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
pnr

Post by pnr »

Try putting silicone spray on the black rubber boot door contact point with the body of the car it stopped the noise on my Enyaq sportsline
Stratton

Post by Stratton »

Hi I traced my noise to the boot cover when it is closed it rattles and bangs over bumps. Take the cover out and try it. Worked for me just got to get it fixed now.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Also there is a plastic clip I presume it was to hold a warning triangle or something on the right hand side above luggage hooks . This rattles on mine and has done from day one unless unlocked
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Along with the floor covering the charging cable storage when going over speed bumps if the boot is empty
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

I don't want to jinx it for myself, so I'm touching wood as I write this, but the Enyaq is the best car I have ever had for being rattle free and was something I noticed straight away when I got it, now with 13k miles on the clock over mainly "B" roads to work it is still rattle free.......

But I do hate rattles in cars so sympathise greatly........
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post