Ohme Home Pro

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Cynic1960

Post by Cynic1960 »

Hi all

this is an EV charger question, I have an Ohme Home Pro charger, I have just changed my broadband provider and now the screen on the charger is whirring saying "Connecting to Ohme". How do I reconnect it to wifi. I have read via internet searches to scan the QR code on the box but can't find this QR code

Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

The QR code on my Ohme Epod is located on the underside of the unit.

Fossilnot
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

The charger itself does not run through your home wifi. It has its own 4g mobile connection.
Ordered 04/01/24 85X Sportline Plus
Currently in a VW ID.3 Tour Pro S
Dad

Post by Dad »

Newfie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:21 pm The charger itself does not run through your home wifi. It has its own 4g mobile connection.

That would make sense. We moved broadband provider earlier this year and I didn’t have to change anything on Ohme… actually didn’t think about it to be honest!
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

If your home charger is struggling connecting to the internet you can reset it by throwing the RCD switch on the dedicated fuse box the charger is connected to.

Mine had issues connecting to internet a couple of times and the tech support suggested doing this and it worked fine.

Tho be aware that if the charger doesn’t connect to the net, anyone any care will be able to charge from it. Ie lack of internet will bypass all security features you have set up in the app. The reason is that lack of internet doesn’t stop the charger from charging cars.

So technically someone can come to your house with a lead box surround and block out all signal to the charger then plug their car in and get free leccy
Dad

Post by Dad »

Well if someone does do that I just hope they have the decency to do it between 23:30 and 05:30 please!! 😀
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post