Help needed on upgrading software on 85x to the rsv software

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Petrol head

Post by Petrol head »

Hi everyone

Does anyone know know of a company that would upgrade my software to the rsv program ?
The motors on the 85x are the same ones on ( i comfimed the part numbers ) the rsv so a simple program upgrade is needed.

The only difference between the 85x and the rsv is software.

I dont need a custom program, just the rsv program putting on the 85x

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Most likely controlled by the VIN, so can’t see that’s happening
Kei-J

Post by Kei-J »

It's funny you asked this as I was interested in this myself. I've not took delivery of it yet. BUT after the new model update its integrated my thoughts to see what the PHYSICAL difference should there be any. As if it's software only then if you do find out then PLEASE LET ME KNOW as I'd be really interested in your feedback of this.
*BUT*
It is likely you will need a EV tuning company. Or someone with knowledge & experience or authorised repair/dealer etc. As its brand new. As per remaping on ICE cars. If it is a brand new car model or version then its a rolling road set up as there won't be any generic maps available.
I know this from past experience, as I had a brand new 5008 an it was the 1st model with new ECU etc. So there was no generic maps out for it for the 1st 18 months or so. The 1s that was out on ebay was not ideal as they are literally copied & pasted on to the ECU.

Then you need to see if it's traceable in terms of it being scanned if you get a service or any issues. As it needs to be OK incase your warranty is voided.
However, these are worst case scenario lol

I've not got my Enyaq yet so if you do find out anything on the software update to the same as the 85x to the same performance as the 85x VRS
Then if you find a way to have it done then what did u think of it's performance, and or any other changes to the car.
How is the new 85x sportline plus its self? As there isn't any dealer who has it in my area of the North West yet. They said that it will be February/March before they get 1 in the showroom.
I have to say I'm disappointed in the way the "packs" have been priced and done as I do think they should have certain items to be added without ordering a whole pack if you want 1 or 2 features from that package.
As I'd like the 360 camera set up, the HUD, massage in drivers seat, rear heated seats-heated windscreen-canton sound system without having to buy the whole package as the crystal face is OK... but wouldn't buy it as an extra as its only for exterior looks when driving so gives nothing to the driver of the car itself.
The dealer said that Śkoda did this on launch but then made it as a "package" if you add the package then its over £4k for stuff you won't use.
Let me know if you find anything out over the VRS performance upgrade. Cheers
RichR

Post by RichR »

Back in 2019-2021 we were able to have much finer control over what options were included. But as a result of the severe supply chain issues in late 2021 and worsening in 2022, it appears Skoda took the decision to merge most of the options into just a couple of packs so they'd have much better control over what stock levels were needed. There were terrible delays due to components not being available, leading to almost complete cars being stored for months. By then there were plenty of Enyaqs out at dealerships (ie cars 2 years old), so the option of buying a nearly nearly new car with closer to the options you wanted was a possibility - when I bought mine for example there were zero second hand Enyaqs in the UK, as demand was so high.

I have a feeling they'll split the packs back out again at some point if the supply chains are flexible enough by then, possibly when the facelift model comes out in the next year or two.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Its also much better for residuals to have everything in a pack. As a buyer you know the "Edition" model (for instance) has all the goodies and the base model doesnt, as such, and as a seller its easier to figure out that Edition models should have a higher price.

It will be harder to get a premium from your optioned up older car when there is no simple badge or label to differentiate it.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

to answer the original query, i dont think anyone has cracked the software on these cars yet. The same software limitations applied to the older motors too. For instance the Enyaq 60 and 80 have the same motor but 180 and 200hp respectively, and the same motor in the Born can do upto 230hp. Its all just software limitations. But modern cars have layers of encryption/security and its further complicated by OTA and service centre software updates, so its not a "simple" job to swap it over to the higher power software.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post