No mirror dimming on passenger side wing mirror

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
mrwobling

Post by mrwobling »

I've just purchased a used/nearly new Enyaq 80 Loft, which had a few additional packs. When driving in low light conditions, I see the drivers side mirror and rear view mirror are dimmed, however the passenger side mirror does not.

Looking more closely at the two wing mirrors, on the drivers side, I can see a feint inset line around the border of the mirror, whereas on the passenger side, there is not.

Should the passenger side mirror support dimming? I'm wondering whether this is expected, or if the previous owner of the car broke the passenger side mirror, and replaced it with a non-dimming one, to save money? It would be useful to know before I go back to the dealer who sold me the car.

many thanks,

Andrew

riki1

Post by riki1 »

It is normal, that the passenger mirror is without dimming.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
mrwobling

Post by mrwobling »

Thanks @riki1 for confirming. That seems odd, but at least there's nothing wrong with the car!

FWIW the Model Y I had on test drive dimmed all the mirrors. I'll take the lower insurance, though! ;)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Personally I don’t like the wing mirrors dimming at all; I find it can be difficult to see poorly illuminated cyclists going past me in city traffic, when the wing mirror has dimmed at the same time as the rear view mirror.

I hope you enjoy your 80 Loft as much as I’ve enjoyed mine over the last 2 years; sadly it goes back on Monday, as I’ve changed jobs. I’d definitely consider another one again (I’m in a pool car at the moment).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
riki1

Post by riki1 »

mrwobling wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:41 pm FWIW the Model Y I had on test drive dimmed all the mirrors. I'll take the lower insurance, though! ;)
I've worked in IT for 25 years, so you'd expect me to choose a TESLA, but I'd rather choose a car that's more a car than a computer, so I chose a SKODA.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
mrwobling

Post by mrwobling »

Goaty wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:30 pm Personally I don’t like the wing mirrors dimming at all; I find it can be difficult to see poorly illuminated cyclists going past me in city traffic, when the wing mirror has dimmed at the same time as the rear view mirror.

I hope you enjoy your 80 Loft as much as I’ve enjoyed mine over the last 2 years; sadly it goes back on Monday, as I’ve changed jobs. I’d definitely consider another one again (I’m in a pool car at the moment).
Keep an eye on Autotrader - I bought mine nearly new from EV Experts - they mostly source ex contract hire and salary sacrifice vehicles from leasing companies.

Kind of already wish we'd gone for a better equipped example. We did have a test drive in a used SportLine, which was amazing, but it was overpriced and the dealer wouldn't move on price.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post