Enyaq Fails to Connect with Online Services

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Pm83

Post by Pm83 »

Mine failed to connect a few weeks back and was like that for a few days. Tried the fuse, and worked a treat no issues since 👌🏻

jamest

Post by jamest »

Being mindful of not making things worse... The manual says:
Conditions for replacing a fuse:
✓ Ignition off
✓ Driver door opened
✓ All consumers switched off
I assume the first is just pressing the On/Off button if the car is on, but how do you get all the consumers off? The Enyaq seems to like having things on... the power button on the infotainment doesn't actually turn the screen off.

On my car fuse #19 includes online services, and fuse #30 is infotainment, so it sounds like #19 is the one I want.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

My Enyaq has suddenly gone 'offline' for the last 3 days and is showing the unable to connect message at each start-up, although on occasion it does try first, showing the buffering symbol. In addition the MySkoda app appears to be connected but i don't think it is as the mileage showing is not going down even though I have driven the car. I am loathe to start pulling out fuses myself but I do understand the comments on the forum that in most cases this fixes the problem, however it does seem a somewhat crude solution for a brand new car . To my mind, given the apparent amount of reporting of this issue, this is something Skoda may need to be addressing. I think that the only way they can be made aware of the scale of any such an issue is if owners return the cars to the dealers to fix. Therefore I am going to contact the dealer under the warranty and ask them to deal with it. I know that there is every possibility that they will probably just pull the fuse and replace it in the first instance but should it happen again then that course of action would not necessarily be appropriate. Should it happen on a repeated basis then another solution would need to be found, and they will have a record of the previous occasions. This is purely a personal opinion and I realise this course of action is not feasible or convenient for all owners.
jamest

Post by jamest »

I read on the ID.4 forum that 7 days might be the magic amount of time to wait for the car to come back online, and sure enough, about 7 days since I lost connectivity, it has fixed itself!

My wife was heading off in the car just now, so without much hope I tried opening the App to see if I could pre-heat the thing... and immediately noticed the battery level had updated! And sure enough pre-heating worked as well. Big relief during this cold snap!
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

Just had this issue with mine, day 10 of ownership.

Like others, not a fan of pulling out fuses on a new car. Any other thoughts to consider?

Sit it out and wait to see if it fixes itself…?
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I had it as well a few days ago, started on Tuesday and fixed itself on Friday if I remember the days right thought to wait out the 7 days someone mentioned.
jamest

Post by jamest »

Yeah, I'd give it a week, that worked for me.

Annoyingly, after working fine for about 10 days, I took mine into the dealer for them to look at why my child lock buttons were operating the opposite doors. They didn't manage to fix that (fair enough, they aren't familiar with the car yet), but, coincidently or not, after I got it back once again I was unable to remotely turn on air conditioning.

This time the symptoms were different.. the car was happily online, but whenever I tried to turn on the air con from the app it said the car wasn't connected to the internet.

To try and fix it I removed the car from the virtual garage in the app, and went to re-enroll it. But now the car won't show the QR code, it just says "Sorry, something went wrong while connecting to Skoda Connect. Please try again later." This is despite it being online and having good reception. It's been doing that now for 3 days.

The dealer wants me to try a factory reset, which I'll do later. I also called the number on the Skoda Connect website (0844 372 8731), who told me to all another number (0800 279 7508), who told me to call another number (0333 003 7504), who told me to go to skoda-auto.com to see if there were updates for my car. There weren't, so he told me to contact my dealer.

But other than the flakey online stuff, the car is great!

2021-12-11 08.55.03.jpg

RichR

Post by RichR »

The "car is not connected to the internet" message - affects many people at the same time. I'm pretty sure I've read (and it seems logical) that this is down to an issue between Skoda's servers and the network, not an issue with the car or the app/phone. Because if you go to the car, you'll find it has internet access for satnav and other things.

In those cases, I just go out to the car, get in, press the 'heat now' icon, then get out, lock it and go back into the house. Does exactly the same as turning it on via the app, just requires going outside ;) You don't actually need that app other than for the convenience of not having to go outside.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Jesmond82

Post by Jesmond82 »

Have you checked if your car is stuck in Privacy mode. You will see a little secret agent figure on top of infotainment screen on the left side. This has happened in a good number of Enyaqs from delivery. Some Owners have been into dealers on a number of occasions for this issue, it is fairly clear Skoda do not have a clue as to why this is happening and at this stage do not seem to have a solution.
jamest

Post by jamest »

After a week the QR code thing started working again today, so I could enroll my car again. Unfortunately I still have the issue which caused me to try and re-enroll the car, which is that I get the following screen whenever I try to turn the air-con on through the app:

2021-12-16 14.31.00 (Resized).png

This is despite all the other car info like battery status updating fine, and the car being connected to my wifi, the car telling me it is connected when I go and sit in it, and this all working fine before.

It's amazing how many different ways Skoda Connect can find to stop working.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post