Car switching away from Preferred Time charging whilst charging.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Earthrise

Post by Earthrise »

Hi there,

I'm new to the Enyaq but have had two Hyndai Ioniqs beforehand. In order to take advantage of my cheap overnight tarrif I'm trying to use the Charge At Preferred Time function, but it is doing some weird stuff.

I'm aware that the Enyaq reverts to Charge Immediately between charges, but last night it changed from Charge At Preferred Time to Charge Immediately unprompted four times whilst plugged in.

The first time it did it was within half an hour of the expected start time. This meant it started to charge before the electricty price went down. I checked the car said the same as the app and changed it back.

It made the change unprompted twice during the charge period and I changed it back twice using the app.

It stopped charging at the expected time, but a few hours later the app said that another 15% charge had been added. I'm assuming this isn't lag on the app, so it must have made the change by itself for a fourth time. I stopped it using the app. Strangely, the page on the app with the green charging progress circle said Charge Immediately, but the settings page said that Charge At Preferred Time was selected.

I must admit that the Enyaq is a significant step down from the Ioniq when it comes to user interface. There's so much stuff that Hyundai did well that Skoda do worse. This is the first thing I've encountered that is clearly something that should not happen. Has anyone else encountered this or have an explanation or solution?

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

The only thing i would suggest you check is the minimum charge level setting?

Mine is set with a minimum of 10%, so if you plug it in even with "charge preferred time" selected, it will charge up to 10% immediately, then stop and wait.

I always select the option on the car screen when getting out, rather than using the app.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post