Headlight and dipped beam range

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
MaryKin

Post by MaryKin »

Hi I’m new to the forum - we just bought a ‘72 reg Enyaq 60 and after a week of ownership are generally very delighted with our first EV. However we’ve noticed (and it was commented on by a passenger) that at night neither the high beam nor the dipped beam have anything like the range of our 2012 Passat. Driving on our bendy rural roads in the Enyaq was very difficult at night. Our passenger commented that the lights were not nearly as good as her Honda Jazz. We’ve checked the settings and found that the headlight range was set at 0 (which is the setting suggested in the manual for when carrying full load in the boot). I’ve found some posts on Briskoda of people complaining about this issue for other ŠKODA models - Octavia and Kodiak for example - but not for Enyaq. Our car has lots of packages but not Light and View, so just LED lights. I’ve contacted a family member who has the same model and vintage Enyaq and he says his lights are great. I’d appreciate comments from others - I do we have a fault or do we just have to adapt to this? Thanks

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

When I had an Enyaq with standard LED lights, I usually had the lights at the highest level (I can’t remember the number). Generally they were fine at the highest setting and I don’t recall ever getting flashed for being ‘too bright’. The lower settings did seem to affect the range and there was a distinct ‘light and dark zone’ which I didn’t like, hence I kept them on the highest position.

Because the Enyaq is so heavy, I don’t think a few passengers and a bit of luggage actually makes much of a difference to the angle of the lights so you should be okay keeping them at the highest position. Why not try that for a few weeks and judge how often you get flashed? If never, then you’re good to go 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I've found the lights on the Enyaq pretty decent TBH, and mine also has just the basic LED system.

"0" is normal position AFAIK.

1, 2 and 3 get progressively more dipped and should only really be used when the car is unevenly loaded, such as carrying lots of weight in the boot, which causes the rear suspension to compress and the car ends up pitched upwards.

First thing to try is to make sure the adjustment actually works. move the setting between 0 and 3 and make sure you can see the lights dip down, and back up again when you go back to 0. You can do that while parked anywhere, its usually fairly obvious.

There is a mechanical adjustment however that needs to be set correctly, as this sets the base position. It may be this adjustment is out for some reason.

If you have some flat ground and a wall/garage door, you can figure out fairly easily if the mechanical adjuster is set properly. Theres a description here of the process: https://www.championautoparts.com/en-gb ... ights.html
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Phlash

Post by Phlash »

The manual is available through the infotainment screen if you need to find out more about the car.

This is what the manual says re the non adaptive lights:

Screenshot 2024-03-14 123925.jpg

Thrall

Post by Thrall »

I also find the dipped headlights' range short, while high beam is good. I have just checked the setting, yes on "0" so tried moving down to "6" but nothing changed. Should the slider have instant effect, or does it take time? Previous ICE cars had instant response with moving the wheel...
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Thrall wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:36 pm I also find the dipped headlights' range short, while high beam is good. I have just checked the setting, yes on "0" so tried moving down to "6" but nothing changed. Should the slider have instant effect, or does it take time? Previous ICE cars had instant response with moving the wheel...

Instant; you should see them moving (for example on a wall) immediately.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Thank you, Goaty. So that goes on the list with the puddle lights at the approaching two year service. Otherwise a great car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post