Screen freezes occasionally (once per week on average)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
whitwoo

Post by whitwoo »

Had mine a week - No screen freezes but have had 2 outings where it has not responded to touch. Hadnt realised about the long press ln the powere button - will give that a go next time it happens. Have to wait a month now until I can take it into the dealership for them to look at!
Not being able to control the climate ia the biggest anoyance.

Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

This issue has been reported in warmer areas of Europe and it is related with the big surface of infotainment screen exposed to sun. In a sunny and hot day it is very likely you are going to experience that. Fortunately that shouldn't be the worse issue in UK :D
Have a look if those days you experienced it they were hot and sunny, I would say yes.
In the other hand due that is a bad design of the infotainment system with such big exposed screen, I cannot see an easy solution from Skoda other than to wait to a restyling in the future with a new screen design. In the meantime, current owners, should protect somehow the screen in sunny days to avoid direct sunlight
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Iv80 driver

Post by Iv80 driver »

Hi guy's look at my post about total loss of both screens including rear cam no indicator noise, waiting to get it into the dealer
DavidMc0

Post by DavidMc0 »

I had the unresponsive touch screen problem for the first time on a hot day after leaving my Enyaq parked in the sun for a few hours.

The big touchscreen was unresponsive to touch, as was the touch slider underneath it. Also the parking sensors were stupidly loud rather than the ususal beep.

I didn't know about the 10-second hold of the infotainment power button to reset it at the time, so had to do without climate controls and sat nav on the way home (thankfully a passenger was able to do it on their phone, and climate settings were good).

It has happened again twice since when not parked in the sun, so the heat may be a factor, but not the only one that causes the issue.

A 10 second press on the infotainment power button reboots the system & sorts it.

Hope Skoda can figure this out... such a stupid issue to go into production with!
Last edited by DavidMc0 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ hmm. Tricky one for Skoda! I’m not quite sure how a software/firmware update can fix what might turn out to be a hardware issue. Not unless another part of the system which remains active can recognise the touchscreen has frozen, and can then instruct itself to perform the same reboot you get when holding down the infotainment power button.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

The software was written for VW by a third party, and used on the ID.3, ID.4, Enyaq and Born. Audi chose to use their own software for the infotainment unit on the Q4 etron, but VW, Skoda and Cupra are using the same version (with slightly different front ends). Before launch the ID.3 (the first MEB platform car to be released) had this issue way more often. VW, Skoda and Cupra likely could have chosen to delay until it’s fixed, but that could be months. It doesn’t affect everyone in the same way, some have never had it, some have it frequently. Just got to wait for an update or recall to completely fix it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I’ve had the same problem with the screen freezing anyone had the odometer shutting down completely, took it to the dealership the following morning but on the drive there it operated fine, plugged into diagnostic and vehicle showing no faults logged, it’s happened on two occasions since, leave the car for approximately 45 minutes it goes back to working normal.
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

Forgot all about this issue over the Winter and Spring.....now getting the same frozen screen on these hot days again. 😡
zice

Post by zice »

testing a car with ME3 for couple of weeks, haven't had a single freeze
outside temps 35-42C

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post