Screen freezes occasionally (once per week on average)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Does anyone else have this problem? Either at the start of a journey, or even sometimes during a trip, some of the screen features disappear & sometimes the whole screen. Features that still remain don't respond to touch. It's not a huge problem as it self-boots after a few minutes, but annoying if you're in the middle of a planned SatMap route. My dealer says to leave the car, close it, come back in 15 minutes, then press the on/off physical button to the bottom left of the screen. Yes, fine - but not very convenient when you're in the middle of a journey.

RichR

Post by RichR »

If it's the same issue that's bugged the ID.3 and ID.4 and early Enyaqs, then you can just hold the power button by the screen for 30 seconds whilst the car's moving and it'll reboot. You don't need to switch the car off and get out and leave it. At least it's just the infotainment system that goes unresponsive - when it does the same sort of thing on a Tesla you lose the ability to do virtually anything because there aren't the buttons and stalks you get on the Enyaq/ID.4, it's all on the touchscreen.

I'm pretty sure that the software company are working on resolving the issue - it's not part of VW group, and I've read that VW aren't very happy with them about some of the lag and lockups that were present when the ID.3 was launched. Most of them have been resolved by the time the ID.4 and Enyaq were released though, and there's a big OTA update coming for ID.3 and ID.4 models next month - which will almost certainly includes some system stability fixes. I would expect the Skoda variant of the software will be updated too in the coming months.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Thanks for the update info, RichR. It's more than the infotainment system - it's pretty much everything when it freezes on me. The last time I was using SatNav via CarPlay and I couldn't leave the AppleMaps screen. But as you say, it seems to recover by pressing the power button, but it sometimes takes several goes... but you do get a very nice analog clock display as compensation :)
RichR

Post by RichR »

By 'Infotainment System' I mean the big screen unit. I'm assuming the small instrument panel screen and all the other buttons and switches are fine?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Yes, I mean the big screen: no problems with the driver's little screen, no problem with the rear camera on the big screen when reversing: all the important functions are well protected and fail-safe and all the physical buttons still work. Most of the time when the screen freezes, the 'favourites' at the bottom of the screen also still work. It's not a big issue: clearly there are still some bugs to sort out. It doesn't surprise me considering the complexity.
Teachme168

Post by Teachme168 »

Im new to this and never normally complain, however I ordered my Enyqa March 2021 been at the dealership since late June was supposed to be delivered on the 6th July got a call saying the satnav wasn't working. Now i found out its due to an unresponsive screen! No time given that it will be fixed. If I have read this properly it seems there is no real fix? Does that mean i have to wait till August for a OTA update? Gutted ☹
No :idea:
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Quote: Does that mean i have to wait till August for a OTA update? Gutted ☹

If the car is just going to sit there in the showroom until it's fixed, it may be better that you take it and they fix the screen later, especially since they are not giving you a date for repair. The car still works without the big screen. - as long as you don't mind being without music/satnav until it's fixed, and not having some of the driving options accessible (economy mode, etc).
chew

Post by chew »

I picked up my car on Friday with 0 miles on the clock and by the time it hit 100 miles both screens had gone blank! nothing showing at all. The main problem is (in my area anyway) there aren't any qualified Enyaq technicians to fix any problems so I'm having a tough time getting it sorted. Shame because it's the most beautiful drive ......
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that - I've had a screen freeze. Just the once in the 4 weeks of ownership.
Called the dealer who called me back 3 hours later to say "reboot", which I'd already done by then!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

chew wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:23 pm.....The main problem is (in my area anyway) there aren't any qualified Enyaq technicians to fix any problems so I'm having a tough time getting it sorted. Shame because it's the most beautiful drive ......
I had a similar set of niggles nearly 20 years ago when the 2002 Vauxhall Vectra was launched; I was apparently one of the first people to get one in the UK but the engineers at my local Vauxhall dealership had no experience with "such an advanced car" ( :lol: !!! ) - it was twice sent up to the Vauxhall plant in Luton for them to fiddle with it and solve the electrical problems; no idea if they ever did resolve the screen black outs and other issues, because the company I worked for gave me a different one after 6 months.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post