Is my enyaq faulty

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Paul Crawford

Post by Paul Crawford »

Hi there
Only had my enyaq iv80 3 weeks a d everytime I charge it I get less range now 100 % 239 miles that's less than the iv60 model

RichR

Post by RichR »

Please have a read of the various posts about why the estimated range display is not a good indicator of battery charge or health. Don't worry - it's a common worry for people who have moved to an EV and worry about range more than they did when they had a petrol/diesel car.

It is only an estimate based on your previous average consumption, in exactly the same way as estimated range works on a petrol car. When I bought my 3.0 litre Subaru Outback and was commuting 60 miles a day on A-roads (mainly on cruise control), I could get 400 miles to a tank. But then when I changed jobs and was only driving 10 miles a day but in stop-start traffic I was only getting 280 miles to a tank. It's exactly the same - how you drive affects the range. If you're using a lot of power (travelling fast, up a hill, with a heavy load, aircon on full etc) then the estimated range will be lower than if you were coasting downhill with little load. If you're travelling at a constant speed on a motorway it's pretty accurate. If you've parked up and then charged it, it can only base the estimate on how you were driving before you park - it can't see into the future ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post