Private Mode will not switch off

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Wotters

Post by Wotters »

i am beginning to think about cancelling my order due to all the problems I am reading about on this forum. I really hope this problem you are encountering can be sorted one way or another very soon
Enyaq iV60. Ordered July 10th, 2021
Moon White, 20” Vega Wheels. Eco suite. Chrome package
Comfort seat basic. Climate basic, Light & view basic, Drive Sport basic,
Covenience +, Assisted drive +, Parking +, Infotainment +, Sunroof

MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

The problem is this:

With an ICE car, the service department have a huge amount of experience fixing issues, and not just the ones covered by some training course. They know where to look when blue smoke comes out of the exhaust, if they hear a rattle they know what to check. It's easy for them.

Now the same dealership starts selling electric cars. The service personnel are sent on a course and have a checklist, but they don't have any experience. So when something simple goes wrong, they can fix it, but if something weird happens, they have no experience and therefore they have no clue.

They can follow checklists, but if the problem isn't covered by a checklist then you are stuffed. Like me.
Matt Davies
Skoda Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
All black, black as night.
Alienheart

Post by Alienheart »

We've recently suffered from the exact same problem. We've had our Enyaq 80 since mid June, and have seen the issue a few times. A few weeks ago it lasted a week and decided to see the dealer about it. While waiting for having it serviced, we were told by our Skoda dealer that such issues sometimes were caused by low voltage in the 12 volt battery. As such we recharged the 12 volt battery for about 12 hours. The next day the car was again online and the problems were all gone. Other people at the garage, who own the same car, have also had similar issues resolved by recharging the 12 volt.

Hope this may help
Regards from a happy Enyaq owner in Norway.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

So the real issue is likely they need to update the software to have the high voltage battery keep the 12v battery better topped up?

I think I saw on Facebook a mention from someone with the same issue and they quoted the Head of Connected at Skoda said there was an update for this so that would make sense. Has to be dealer applied not OTA.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

Thanks Alienheart and Xtopher, I have passed your posts onto the dealership. I will let you know of any feedback I receive.
Matt Davies
RichR

Post by RichR »

I would guess that the 12V battery is charged whenever the high voltage battery is enabled - so the car is in the 'ready to drive' state. I wonder if the issue isn't seen by people who have been doing regular long journeys, but is more likely on those who have only just got the car from the dealership, where the battery might be low after not being driven since it was built. Or perhaps aren't using the car as much, or sitting with the electrics in the 'on but not ready' state (ie car unlocked only)? There are weird issues on many EVs and PHEVs when the 12V battery gets low - in theory it shouldn't really happen if the car is used regularly, but it does. Hopefully there is a software fix that'll sort it for these cases.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

The only time when the Private Mode has not been 'On' is when we did a longer than usual trip to London. So your comment RichR makes sense.

They are going to charge the battery overnight at the Dealership and see if there is any change in the morning.
Matt Davies
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

So the guy at the dealership that said he would come back to us this morning is not in today. We chased it up and I finally got a call back from his boss. They have been told by the factory that the problem is the 'control box'. A new one has been ordered and should be with them on Thursday. They said they would fit it and test it same day. It would be brilliant if that was true, but I am not counting my chickens. So the battery issue might have been the route to identifying the issue, or it might not have had anything to do with it. I will try and provide a full update when I get it.
Matt Davies
gm0

Post by gm0 »

I have exactly the same issue on my brand new Enyaq (1 day since delivery).
Cars works great but the private mode is 'always on' and cannot be switched of in any way.

I already tried, a reboot of infotainment, reset of the system and even remove the Fuse 19 wait and put it back in.
So that did have some effect, the system came online for like 5sec and then switched back to the private mode for whatever reason.

On a facebook group about Enyaq's Sebastian Lasek which works at Skoda in the development team.
He said to our issue:
In majority of such cases, dealer is not activating vehicle in backend or is doing it later, but not as car is delivered to customer. After this is done, data will be provisioned and you can enroll…
Also got in contact with my dealer to get it checked up.
hope that with some time it will turn back on... I'll post my updates too
Enyaq iv80 rolling through Belgium and beyond
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

So Sebastian's take on the issue is exactly what i thought the error was when i first got it, but after several weeks of 'Master Technician' involvement and Skoda Technical, and now the Factory, if that was the error, I'm sure someone would have sorted it by now.

You might want to try charging the 12v Battery if you have a charger anywhere, just to eliminate that from the possible issues.

If I get it fixed on Thursday by the swapping out of the 'control box' I will try and get a list of all the things they tried ahead of doing this. They might not give it to me, but if they do I will post it on here.
Matt Davies

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post