Private Mode will not switch off

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

Just collected my Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline. Love it.

But to set up the online functions I need to turn off the Private Mode (little detective looking icon at the top). I have located the toggle switch in 'Settings' but the mode doesn't turn off. I have tried a factory reset, and every setting i can find but nothing can switch the Private Mode off.

I phoned the dealer but they said this had never happened to them before, they tested the function on their other Enyaqs and all worked ok. I wondered as it had only just come into the country whether the 'SIM Card' if it has one to be activated? Or maybe it left the factory without a SIM Card? or whether the dealer is supposed to do something that they haven't done?

They have said to bring it back on Monday or Tuesday for their technician to have a look, but it doesn't sound like it is definitely something they can fix.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Matt Davies
Skoda Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
All black, black as night.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The SIM is an ESIM. In private mode it is not possible to activate Skoda connect and receive remote services or updates.
You might check your software version in settings (0792 perhaps or the next 0910).
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

The software version is 0792 but without turning off private mode, I cannot update it. I have connected to my house Wifi but there are still no updates shown and I am guessing that Wifi is also blocked by Private mode.

Is this something that the Skoda Dealership will be able to update for me when i take it in, and is this likely to allow me to turn off Private Mode?
Matt Davies
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I don't think Skoda have released 0910 yet. VW have released it only to ID.3 first movers who have requested it and it is appearing on new ID.3's and ID.4s but as your Enyaq is new I wondered if it had the updated software.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

I take it from the lack of replies on here, and the lack of anyone else posting about this on the internet and no help videos on Youtube, that this isn't a common problem, and it isn't something that has an easy fix. No one is saying....."oh, that happened to me, I had to...".

Hopefully the dealership will be able to sort it next week.
Matt Davies
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My Enyaq has selected Private mode once but I assumed this was due to a poor GSM signal where I was.
Normally it is very good a getting a signal where my Phone cannot.
Mike K

Post by Mike K »

Hi there. Same problem with my Enyaq 80 I picked up yesterday. It is stuck in private mode and nothing I do (attempting to toggle private mode in settings, factory reset, adding WiFi, readding the car in skoda connect seems to solve this). The car won’t generate the QR code I need to complete activation.

Anybody solved this issue meanwhile?
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

I hate to say that I am pleased that someone is also having the same issue, but it does mean that it is not a "one off" which might mean that between us we might find a solution. What is the exact spec of your 80 Mike?
Matt Davies
Mike K

Post by Mike K »

Yes, was relieved to see someone else has the same issue too 😅

I got an Enyaq 80 Ecosuite (for Irish market) in black with infotainment on version 0792. I mailed Skoda already about it and will get onto my dealer on Monday. Keep me posted if you hear anything before me.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

We are due to put the car into the dealer at 2pm on Monday for a diagnosis. I will try and get as much info as possible about what they do so you can pass it onto your dealer.
Matt Davies

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post