Climatronic

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

I picked up new Enyaq last Wednesday. Used it properly for the first time today having spent the last few days reading manual etc. Tried to use the Climatronic in all its configurations to cool us down as its hot today. Whilst all the controls appear to work, they alter between Smart & Classic variations, blowers, up, down, feet, fast & slow fan etc I cant get any cold air out of the vents (I can get hot). I cant believe it would need re-gassing already. No drips underneath to suggest its cooling. Have booked it in to be looked at - a couple of weeks. Is there anything I might have missed? Would hate to make an issue if its just user error.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ hi - sorry if my comment appears a bit condescending ( :-) ) but…. was the A/C actually activated and not just the fan blowers ? Sorry !!! ( it makes me sound like an IT engineer. “Are you sure your computer is plugged in?” !!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Not a problem at all. I believe I had, yes. And just to be sure I tried it the other way round as well & still no cold air.
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Enyaq went in to dealership yesterday and no faults found. It is said to be working, but I am not wholeheatedly convinced. It feels cool but not cold and does not appear to discernably cool the cabin. I feel I am getting the benefit of the cooling effect of the air being blown by the fans, but not necessarily a cooling action of being 'conditioned'.

It is an iv80 with heat pump and the high pressure co2 (744) system.

Am I expecting too much of this type of system compared to the more conventional refrigerant and arrangement that I have been used to in my previous ICE vehicles?

Are there any other iv80 owners out there with this type of system that have had a similar experience, or anyone with more understanding / knowledge that can advise me further.

Thank you.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

It may be worth searching through some VW ID4 forums too, as they'll have the same system installed, e.g. here.
Some things to try:
- Does it work if you're not in Eco mode?
- Does the electricity use increase with Air Con on?
- Does the car heat up when you set the temperature higher?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have the standard aircon in my ICV60 and yes if I place my hands near the vents it is blowing cold air not cool air. Much as I experienced on other cars.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Thank you both for your replies.
Eco setting on or off seems to make no difference. Will check re electric use. Yes the car appears to heat up fine.
Have posted on the id4 forum page (thank you for the link) and am hoping that I will get a response.
Frustrated

Post by Frustrated »

We have a new Enyaq IV. I don't know what air con spec we have, but it did rather fail to keep us cool on those very hot days a couple of weeks ago. One of our sons, a physicist, says it takes a lot more energy to cool air down than it does to move a car along, so perhaps that is why the output is limited. It's been fine otherwise.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

A bit anecdotal as we don’t have our car yet, but our test drive was on a hot day and the car was as cool as our current diesel Alfa. They did precondition the cabin before we took it out so that may have made a difference. I’d certainly be concerned if the car can’t deliver cold air in the UK as if you take it to hitter climbs the how would it be expected to cool it there?! Maybe it’s set to only allow temps X degrees below ambient?!
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

One of the reasons I went for the panoramic roof! :D
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.