Navigation night mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Inksanity

Post by Inksanity »

So my question is does your Enyaqs maps change into night mode when it's dark? Mine looks exactly the same on auto/night/day modes even if changed manually and it's way too bright when driving in the darkness.
I've seen videos on youtube where the map gets a dark layout instead of the bright one, the same way google maps and iPhones maps work on phones (and when using carplay).

Is this a feature that's not on all Enyaqs or is mine having a bug of some sort.

Rumney

Post by Rumney »

On my Enyaq the difference in the navigation Night and Day modes is.. well.. night and day :) Light background in the day and Dark background in the night

In Navigation-Display Settings you can select permanent Day, permanent Night or Auto (mine is set to Auto). Have a look, you will probably find that yous is set to Day.
Enyaq iV 60 with Lodge interior, Metallic paint (Arctic Silver), 19” Regulus Anthracite alloys, Heat Pump for battery, 100W DC charging, Parking Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light & View Package Basic and Panoramic Sunroof
Inksanity

Post by Inksanity »

Rumney wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:58 am On my Enyaq the difference in the navigation Night and Day modes is.. well.. night and day :) Light background in the day and Dark background in the night

In Navigation-Display Settings you can select permanent Day, permanent Night or Auto (mine is set to Auto). Have a look, you will probably find that yous is set to Day.
I wish this was the solution. Changing it to permanent night or day does nothing, it just stays in the day mode whatever i switch it to.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Mine does the same, no matter what I do night mode does not work
Also when the sat nav is in North mode, the car icon goes to the bottom of the screen and point downwards and does not move with the map.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Did anyone solve this? Mine doesn't seem to change at night, even when set to auto. Does it depend on what version of the screen software you have?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
RichR

Post by RichR »

Mine seems to work fine. It was on Day mode when I collected it, but I changed it to Auto as the drive home was in the dark. Today it was in Day mode until about 3pm when it started to get a bit dull, and then when I went out it had switched to Night.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
uhhu

Post by uhhu »

DazAutomatic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:08 pm Did anyone solve this? Mine doesn't seem to change at night, even when set to auto. Does it depend on what version of the screen software you have?
I'd be on the phone to the dealer about it if I were you. I have a base model Loft, with little added, and the day/dark mode works fine. Any drop in light and it changes to dark - as it should. If yours doesn't, and you've gone through all the settings, then it doesn't work as intended.
Paul DS

Post by Paul DS »

Set the Navigation Map to Auto and check your Setting on External lights. If this is not set up correctly your Day/Night Mode on your maps will not change accordingly.
Enyaq iV 80 EcoSuite, 125 kW DC Charging, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Driver Basic, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Silver alloys, Black (ordered 24 June '21 - Delivered 11 Nov '21).
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Thanks - what setting on external lights should we be looking for?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Paul DS wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pm Set the Navigation Map to Auto and check your Setting on External lights. If this is not set up correctly your Day/Night Mode on your maps will not change accordingly.
Paul, could you please add some more detail to your 'check your Setting on External lights' advice? I am experiencing the same issue on my recent delivery. Thank you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post