Navigation night mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

My maps settings are on auto, but I wasn't sure what external lights setting I was meant to be looking at.
My maps don't seem to change even when set day or night. That suggests to me it's software, not a sensor?
Just some thoughts, and thanks to everyone who has commented so far.
Last edited by DazAutomatic on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

greg_s

Post by greg_s »

I have mine booked in for this and a number of other issues with the dealer next week so I'll let you know what they change
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Spoke to Skoda UK Customer Support this afternoon...apparently the Day/Night display problem is NOT a known issue. Nor is the Navigation centering problem.

Their suggested solution...reboot the Infotainment by holding down the on/office button for 10 seconds.

Ironic that at at night the screen is too bright until I use reverse, then its not bright enough...completely A about F.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

greg_s wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:26 pm I have mine booked in for this and a number of other issues with the dealer next week so I'll let you know what they change
Greg, when you called it in, did the dealer give any hint of recognition of the issue?
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you turn the headlights off or on does that change it to day and night? That seems to be the trigger on mine. In auto headlight mode, if I’m in dull light, the dipped beam comes on and satnav goes to night mode.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

RichR wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm If you turn the headlights off or on does that change it to day and night? That seems to be the trigger on mine. In auto headlight mode, if I’m in dull light, the dipped beam comes on and satnav goes to night mode.
RichR, thanks for the suggestion, but regrettably it did not work for me. Tried all sorts of things now, but at least I'm getting to learn my way round the menus.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have tried everything, including a factory reset, and nothing works. Mine goes in on the 7th December to have a software update for the heated seats problem and they are looking at the sat nav issues as well. (Day/night mode issue and the pointing north issue) I’ll report back when I get the car back.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
RichR

Post by RichR »

It is looking like a fault in the navigation software itself - hopefully reloading the software will resolve it. Haven’t seen any similar issues reported on any of the Enyaq/ID.4 forums or Facebook groups so possibly a one off.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

Persolus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:40 pm
greg_s wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:26 pm I have mine booked in for this and a number of other issues with the dealer next week so I'll let you know what they change
Greg, when you called it in, did the dealer give any hint of recognition of the issue?
Not particularly. I was also disheartened to hear that my local dealership hasn't even got their staff trained to work on EV's.

I had an infotainment software update through on the car today so I'll see if that has any new features to help
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

An update on our Sat Nav night mode not working.
I've checked this doesn't work in night or auto setting, and at night with the headlights on or off. Distractingly bright at night.
So, rather than being an isolated issue, I count at least five of us with this problem. Maybe we could share system information to see if it's specific to one combination. Here's mine: Hardware H20, Software 0795, Display unit hardware H7, Display unit software 108, Navigation database was 20.7, now 21.9.
Please let us know if anyone manages to solve this, e.g. with a reboot or software update. Thanks.
PS I love the car otherwise.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post