Navigation night mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm on: Hardware: H20, Software: 0795, Display Hardware: H7, Display Software: 109, Navigation 21.9 - so slightly higher on the Display Software but otherwise the same.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

I'm on: Hardware: H20, Software: 0792, Display Hardware: H7, Display Software: 106, Navigation 21.9
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

DazAutomatic wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:00 am An update on our Sat Nav night mode not working.
I've checked this doesn't work in night or auto setting, and at night with the headlights on or off. Distractingly bright at night.
So, rather than being an isolated issue, I count at least five of us with this problem. Maybe we could share system information to see if it's specific to one combination. Here's mine: Hardware H20, Software 0795, Display unit hardware H7, Display unit software 108, Navigation database was 20.7, now 21.9.
Please let us know if anyone manages to solve this, e.g. with a reboot or software update. Thanks.
PS I love the car otherwise.
I'm on: Hardware: H20, Software: 0795, Display Hardware: H7, Display Software: 109, Navigation 20.7. No updates showing as available.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

DazzUK wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am Thanks for all the suggestions, I have tried everything, including a factory reset, and nothing works. Mine goes in on the 7th December to have a software update for the heated seats problem and they are looking at the sat nav issues as well. (Day/night mode issue and the pointing north issue) I’ll report back when I get the car back.
DazzUK, did your Enyaq's time at the dealer on 7th shed any light on the navigation night mode issue?
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

DazzUK wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am DazzUK, did your Enyaq's time at the dealer on 7th shed any light on the navigation night mode issue?
Hi,
No sorry, they had my car for a day only to tell me that the update for the software was not for my version of the car I have. So no update was done and I was told Skoda are still working on a software update for my version of the car. You can imagine that I was less than impressed. Would you accept a TV that only showed one channel and you were asked to wait 8-9 months for a software update to fix it? I don’t think so.

He showed me a newer version of the hardware in another car and I can see that rather than a blue car indicator on the sat nav, as mine has, it had a green one. I have seen somewhere that the green one does not have the same problems.
Last edited by DazzUK on Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

DazzUK wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:10 am
DazzUK wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am DazzUK, did your Enyaq's time at the dealer on 7th shed any light on the navigation night mode issue?
Hi,
No sorry, they had my car for a day only to tell me that the update for the software was not for my version of the car I have. So no update was done and I was told Skoda are still working on a software update for my version of the car. You can imagine that I was less than impressed. Would you accept a TV that only showed one channel and you were asked to wait 8-9 months for a software update to fix it? I don’t think so.

He showed me a newer version of the hardware in another car and I can see that rather than a blue car indicator on the sat nav, as mine ha, it had a green one. I have seen somewhere that the green one does not have the same problems.
Thanks for the update and sorry to hear there is no positive news. I reported my situation to my dealer at the beginning of the week, but have nothing back yet indicating action on their part.

Meanwhile, and as a matter of interest, I will check whether I am green or blue.

Cheers
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Mine's booked into the car doctor for the new year. Will update you on whether they say anything different.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Rumney wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:58 am On my Enyaq the difference in the navigation Night and Day modes is.. well.. night and day :) Light background in the day and Dark background in the night
We have the problem of Sat Nav night mode not working. Our dealer is telling us that the night mode actually does work. We're not convinced we see any difference.
Could somebody show us a photo of night mode vs day mode please so we can compare with what they're telling us?
That would be really helpful, not least for our own sanity. Thank you.
Alternatively, if anyone who had this problem once has now solved it, any tips appreciated. Thanks.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Just found this showing what night mode should look like (and yellow/green circle around car): https://rsw.io/how-to-enable-auto-day-n ... q-sat-nav/
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, it’s totally different to day mode. Black background, yellow roads.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post