Tyre Presaure Monitor ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Do we know if the standard system is just the usual ABS sensor way or do we have sensors in the wheels seeing as it's now 2021 ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So can no one with a car to hand answer my question ?

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Westy

Post by Westy »

Ok Iโ€™m aware it has tyre pressure monitor, but donโ€™t how it works - any idea how weโ€™d check?
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Would be under the "car" menu then "tyre pressire" or it is in my Karoq. If its proper monitoring you should have the current tyre pressures displayed if no info it's just reading from ABS sensors.

Westy

Post by Westy »

Iโ€™ll take a look tomorrow when its not lashing down!
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

It's the same system as in other skodas. It's measured by the abs sensors. when it detects a large enough difference in rolling resistance in one wheel, it sets off the alarm.
It is just a monitor, rather than accurate sensors in the wheel.
orrery

Post by orrery »

... odd. My Nissan Leaf tells me the tyre pressures on each wheel. Are we saying that the Enyaq can't do that?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

EU law requires a warning of low tyre pressure. That means they can choose to fit pressure sensors to the wheels, or use valves with integrated sensors, or they can use indirect methods like comparing wheel speeds from the ABS sensors. There's no requirement to display the tyre pressures to the driver, even on cars that have pressure sensors - for example, my Outlander has pressure sensors, but just a single 'low tyre pressure' warning light. It doesn't even tell you which one is low. Having sensors in the wheels means additional radio equipment in each wheelarch to receive the data from the sensors, plus the complication of the sensors themselves. So a lot of manufacturers (to be fair, mainly VW Group) choose not to bother.

For most people just knowing that you've got one or more tyres that are low is enough, as it'll let you know you need to check them.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Cheers for answering this. Disappointing in this day and age they don't do it properly

thecouchtata

Post by thecouchtata »

I had a complete flat a couple of days ago and my sensors didnโ€™t warn me, I noticed by the juddering of the car.

It also stated all tyres were completely fine as I was sitting on the side of the road with an obvious flat.
Skoda Enyaq iV60 - Black, 20โ€ Vega, Chrome Pack, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic - Pod Point 7KW Untethered - Government Grant ยฃ2,500

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post