Interior Light

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Hi had my enyaq delivered 5 days ago. I have discovered my front interior light doesn't work. The rear works fine however the front doesn't come on when touched or when the doors open. Has anyone else experienced this or knows of something daft i'm not doing? Will be calling dealer later to see what they say.
Last edited by tomm636 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021

Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

There is a button by the interior light. It looks like it's just a symbol that shows the car with an open door. That is a touch button that changes the setting to have the light on when the door opens. It's it's amber then the light won't come on.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Nunfa1 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:11 am There is a button by the interior light. It looks like it's just a symbol that shows the car with an open door. That is a touch button that changes the setting to have the light on when the door opens. It's it's amber then the light won't come on.
Nuna, thanks. The symbol you talk about is indeed amber, however touching this has no effect. Its as if something is not plugged in or the touch sensor is faulty.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Does pressing it for a few seconds make any difference? Sometimes buttons have different functions when you keep them pressed for longer than just a quick touch.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

[/quote]

Nuna, thanks. The symbol you talk about is indeed amber, however touching this has no effect. Its as if something is not plugged in or the touch sensor is faulty.
[/quote]

I noticed that when I was playing around yesterday. I will check how I got it to change state.
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

The button to turn the light on when the door opens changes state as soon as I touch it, with or without the ignition on. The light next to it is also a button to physically turn the interior lights on and off.
Have you checked the lighting menu on the screen? There are numerous options, perhaps there's something there that needs to be selected, or the light has been set to minimum brightness?
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

I have taken my car to the dealer today. They have installed a software update and it seems to have cured the issue. All the touch buttons now work and touching the actual light lens operates as expected.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Can you post a pic of the settings screen which shows the software versions please.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

So do we get OTA updates or is it going to be a dealer visit everytime ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

I am not sure what this was before.

IMG_20211013_130832.jpg

It may have been a reload rather than an update.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post